• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford 8.8 swap need some help

lsxjeepxj21

NAXJA Forum User
hey whats up guys am a new guy in here never really been in a forum
i got a 200 xj with a 6.0 ls motor is my bby ive gone threw 2 dana 35s and my 8.25 is holding but aint enough finaly gto my hands ona 8.8 i knoe i have to weld on the perches my question is about th brakes and e brake does it all bolt on or i have to go out and buy stuff thanks guys

Brake lines bolt up. E-brake not so much, they sell adapters and new lines that bolt right in, or some people have Jerry rigged them to work. Plenty of write ups floating around here or Google to get what you need.

And try to use a little better grammar, helps when people can understand your post.

So...

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got quite a driveline eating monster there. Haha

This is what many people, including myself, have done without issue.

gunarysu.jpg

This is at the backing plate on the axle. I reused my factory cables so the chassis end is the same. Lift height may restrict this though. I am fairly low.

Good luck with the 8.8. It is significantly stronger but still a c-clip axle so keep that in mind. Yukon makes an ultimate88 kit that eliminates the c-clips and gets you stronger shafts as well.

I used the ford cables and ran them up to the stock jeep part . I cut the housings got to brass hose barbs and rubber hose , ran the cable thru the barbs put rubber line on barb so no rattles . Cut cables to length use cable clamps to secure to stock jeep assembly .

So...

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got quite a driveline eating monster there. Haha

This is what many people, including myself, have done without issue.

gunarysu.jpg

This is at the backing plate on the axle. I reused my factory cables so the chassis end is the same. Lift height may restrict this though. I am fairly low.

Good luck with the 8.8. It is significantly stronger but still a c-clip axle so keep that in mind. Yukon makes an ultimate88 kit that eliminates the c-clips and gets you stronger shafts as well.

I did something like this on my 44 but bought longer e-brake cables from napa they where like 40 bucks or so and the unibody side bolted right in then just cut the axle side off loop cable and used a cable clamp. Works like a champ.

Back