• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fiberglass hoods

Want to pie cut the front end and hood. The stock metal on is going to be a pain with the layers, etc. Glass would be much easier to do what I want with.

Just trying to get some info on the 2 brands to see if they will work and how they are constructed.

depending on what you go with (i have no experience with either of the ones you linked) if this is for a street driver i would avoid the hoods with no bracing on the underside. I've had experience with the thin un braced ones and once you hit anything over 40-50mph they start to flex and bend upwards in the middle.

It's more of a crawler than DD. See the advanced forum. That information is what I'm looking for though. Can't really find much on how thin or thick the ones above are.

I bought a fiberglass cowl induction hood on ebay for $295 and an extra $125 to ship. If you want the hood right away just tell him and he will sell it for the the same price.It the lowest price one I found.the company is called golfportindustries10. They are are good company with 100 percent feed back. If you are going to run the two hood latches with the cable release and the prop rod you will need to notch them out with a dremel. You may also need to oval out the hole in the metal hinges ( I used a carbite bit on a die grinder. The hood itself is same thickness as the factory hood, but half the weight.You say you don't want a big cowl. But one thing I have learn in the 10 years of owning Cherokees is that they run hot. The hoods get so hot you can fry an egg on them.the hood I got has vents in the back of the cowl to help with cooling the engine bay. To find it on ebay type 84 01 cowl induction hood jeep cherokee. By the way the hood has the factory structure on the underside also made of fiberglass.the only area the doesn't have the structure is the cowl opening. It also has the holes predrilled and threaded for the hinge bolt,cable release latches, and hood release with american threads.

Last edited:
I have the thin Hannemann one. I have it mounted with the hinges and two hood pins and I'm afraid on the freeway that its going to come off unless I put one more hood pin on it. Very flimsy.

Back