• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

everyone has that complete set of e torx sockets that they've used once...

87 'except durbin' manche

I do have a set actually

Polar "YJ 2.5 starter" Jeep

It's just been since 03 or 04 since I've used them lol. I completely forgot I had them. Last motor swap I did I used a 12 point 3/8 and it broke the bolts

Snowmobile clutch... I bet that thing is fast. I want it.
thorttle stop has already been discussed. It's a manufactured cart, dual disc brakes on the axle. He got a pretty smoking deal for $150. Briggs 11 horse I/C on the back. I figure about another $150 in parts to make it driveable again. missing a brake caliper, needs pads, random bolts, belt.

It's just been since 03 or 04 since I've used them lol. I completely forgot I had them. Last motor swap I did I used a 12 point 3/8 and it broke the bolts

last time I needed one of those I had to go find mine. Bought, used once, sitting in the toolbox for 5+ years.

I use the smaller ones all the time it seams like. When we were selling XJs like hot cakes it seamed like I was replacing the bellhousing bolts on every other one due to being lloose, sounds like low end motor noise.

I just looked at a house with an area big enough to have a go cart track.

4 acres, 2500 square feet, four bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms

The best part...

30x40 nice pole barn and detached two car along with one car attached

mac 'this may get serious' gyvr

Wow that sounds like a nice place Mac. From talking with our realtor/friend right now is a good time to buy a new house. She has been extremely busy here lately with selling houses.

I just looked at a house with an area big enough to have a go cart track.

4 acres, 2500 square feet, four bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms

The best part...

30x40 nice pole barn and detached two car along with one car attached

mac 'this may get serious' gyvr

Very similar specs to my house, do it!

last time I needed one of those I had to go find mine. Bought, used once, sitting in the toolbox for 5+ years.

Just keep that sucker on the socket rack...

Mine has ridden around with me for 2 years on the socket carrier. Was glad i did that when i stumbled on the super clean 98 ax15 at pullapart.

I bought a Torx 'master set' at TSC on clearance years ago, it lives in my Jeep toolbox. It has all the regular Torx, plus the reverse torx and security bits. Comes in handy.

For the buggy btw. Just found out my 60 front has 4.88s, not 3.55s. I was going to run 5.38s but if I can trade my 5.13 Eaton rear chunk for a 4.88 chunk then swap in a 4.1 kit in the 231. It might work till the 666.04L80/hero goes in next year(ish)...

Drinking and thinking sometimes makes sense

4.88s 40 LTBs and 4.o/aw4/231 might work??
if you had displacement... id say its doable. "doable" being an arbitrary term. ive driven 4.88s on 35s and know that i want to be even deeper. alas, i am peddling a manual. a buddy also has 5.13s turning 37s on his K5... its a lot more tolerable.

for 40s and small displacement, id want a deeper crawl than that combo will give you. also look into a trans cooler.
For the buggy btw. Just found out my 60 front has 4.88s, not 3.55s. I was going to run 5.38s but if I can trade my 5.13 Eaton rear chunk for a 4.88 chunk then swap in a 4.1 kit in the 231. It might work till the 666.04L80/hero goes in next year(ish)...

Drinking and thinking sometimes makes sense
id say run 4.88s. but with the knowledge that you want to put in a V8, dont dick with 4:1. the tera kit does not play will with high rpms, so if you do any mudding, dunes stuff, or plan to abuse a V8, it wont live. its a oil starvation issue (strait from teraflex's mouth).

with that said... look into a doubler that will work with your desired trans down the road. youll be MUCH happier. if you want bolt in... the strong box from behemoth caught my eye as an underdrive unit with your selected planetaries. what ever you do... youll be happy if you opt for something with something that gives you front and rear control.

http://www.behemothdrivetrain.com/STRONG_BOX_UNDERDRIVE_KITS.html

talk to ho-bag. i believe his buggy had a doubler unit in it with 42s.

Last edited:
Back