• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Traction Controll Arm Length

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
I need to align my front axle and have a 6 inch FT lift. Can anyone give me an eye to eye measurement on the lowers and uppers to get me in the ball park?

Thanks.

Start around the middle of the threads.

set them to be the same length.

Adjust to fit.

Start around the middle of the threads.

set them to be the same length.

Adjust to fit.

Ok thanks for the advice. Not to many people have this kit and I thought someone may have some specifications that worked for them. Dont get me wrong I appreciate any input as this is new to me. People have informed me of several different ways to set the axle to center. If I can get a specification from another XJ with the same system then I can set up with that and then figure out the center point of the jeep and see if it matches or not and if not then I will not have a lot of adjustment to make it spot on.

To be frank, you're over thinking it.

There's not so much adjustment that you need to see what other people have done. Adjust them somewhere toward the middle. Measure the threads, make sure you have 1.5 times that in thread engagement at all times (1.25" threads, you want 1.75 or so of threads screwed in).

Make both sides the same.
Adjust the uppers to get your caster appropriate
Measure the wheel base on both sides
Adjust as necessary

What is going to work on my car will not work on your car, none of our XJ's are quite square anymore ;)

Thanks guys. Should I disconnect the steering system and shocks when I do this?

You shouldn't need to.

What you should do is pull the springs to center the axle under the rig and set the pinion angle.

Ok cool I am rebuilding my lower control arms with Metal Cloak dura flex joints and replacing the oem bushings in the axle for the upper links. I have also designed a subframe system that will be added. The upper links will have the Johney Joints and the Lower links will have the dura flex joints from Metal Cloak. This system should give my rig extreme strength with road noise reduction and retaining the same amount of flex.

Back