• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which replacement header for a '99?

mhopton

NAXJA Forum User
Read many, many threads with a lot of satisfied users of the APN. Checking on eBay, there is one made/marketed by SpeedDaddy that has what looks to be two pieces of flex pipe in the tubes of Cyl's # 1 & 6, which then flows as 2 into the collector. This is different than the APN.. any better, or worse, or don't worry about it? This is a daily driver, 90k mile 4x4, so I want smooth and quiet and +mpg would be fine, too.

Do I need to worry about O2 bungs for a 99?

thanks...

Read many, many threads with a lot of satisfied users of the APN. Checking on eBay, there is one made/marketed by SpeedDaddy that has what looks to be two pieces of flex pipe in the tubes of Cyl's # 1 & 6, which then flows as 2 into the collector. This is different than the APN.. any better, or worse, or don't worry about it? This is a daily driver, 90k mile 4x4, so I want smooth and quiet and +mpg would be fine, too.

Do I need to worry about O2 bungs for a 99?

thanks...

Replaced the exhaust header on my rig while replacing a head gasket. Discovered two cracks in factory manifold. Got this at Pep Boys for $99.00.

100_4198.jpg

100_4196.jpg

I hear that you get what you pay for, but the rugged header looks the exact same as the won for a third the cost. There seem to be many, many satisfied users.....

Any other thought on whether the 99 has o2 bungs?

I hear that you get what you pay for, but the rugged header looks the exact same as the won for a third the cost. There seem to be many, many satisfied users.....

Any other thought on whether the 99 has o2 bungs?
Looks don't matter. It's the type of steel used. Cheaper steel, Cheeper price. You want t304 stainless.

Back