• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can cruise solenoid cause dash light to not come on?

nicpaige

NAXJA Forum User
Two of us have went through all the typical troubleshooting to try and figure out why my cruise stopped working unexpectedly. Is it possible that the dash light will not come on if the servo is malfunctioning? Is there a test to test the servo? Thanks, its a 2000XJ

It is likely that the cruise light will turn on, but the you will have no functions if the servo is faulty.

The most common and most likely cruise control problems are faulty steering wheel switches, and vacuum leaks.

If the light is not coming on & the cruise not working I would suspect your cruise ON switch is malfunctioning, or the wiring for the circuit.

We have tested resistance on the switches, checked the pins on PCM, vacuum, brake switch etc. I make frequent 3-4 hour drives in this Jeep and doing it without cruise kind of sucks. Where does the dash light receive its signal from to illuminate...the PCM?

The Jeep XJ is one of the easiest vehicles to drive without cruise because it has a flat torque curve. At least compared to something like an old Honda 4-banger. I'd expect the light to come from the PCM. You can download a 2000 XJ FSM online at no charge with a Google search to assist in your troubleshooting. Forum rules don't allow us to post images or text from FSM.

Back