• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

belt tensioner bolt...

dizzymac

NAXJA Forum User
Open to suggestions on how to get this puppy out. Its so tiight I broke ratcheting mechanism in a Snap-on 3/4" drive ratchet...really afraid of breaking off the head of the bolt...should I just pull the PS pump and try it that way, maybe with it off the block I could a box wrench on it?

Get a different assembly from the junk yard. Depending on the year, you have to loosen the 3 bolts which hold the pump tight BEFORE you can even touch the tensioning bolt.

dizzymac said:
DUH!!....thanx...good idea....loosened the three bolts..still wouldn't move. I'll pick up another assy.

soak it in PB Blaster for a couple minutes.

I f you replace it hit it with some anti-seize, before it gets covered up again.

I anti-sieze everything on this thing now, makes for a slippery steering wheel though...lol, seems like every bolt you touch is seized, that nice new england weather and all the salt we use...our roads have hypertension.

Back