• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will a YJ 1987-1995 Dana 44 rear axle fit a 1995 XJ?

stevenstorbakken said:
Need answer to the question, thanks in advance for your advise!
should be same width, bolt pattern ; won't bolt in. it has spring perches on the underside of the axle, you need them on top. you can buy new perches and weld them on though. nothing too difficult. where did you find a yj D44? i thought they were only offered on overseas models.

Canadian Wranglers, well YJ's I mean came with 44's. Everyone Jeep Wrangler, YJ I see in parking lots from canada have 44's. The Canadian Wranglers were not allowed to be called wranglers for whatever reason so they have YJ on the tub instead of Wrangler. I've seen bout 14 or so at local walmart and every single one had a 44 rear.

If the wrangler it came out of was lifted 5 or 6 inches, check to see if it had a spring over lift. If so then it should be good to go.

Majo said:
Canadian Wranglers, well YJ's I mean came with 44's. Everyone Jeep Wrangler, YJ I see in parking lots from canada have 44's. The Canadian Wranglers were not allowed to be called wranglers for whatever reason so they have YJ on the tub instead of Wrangler. I've seen bout 14 or so at local walmart and every single one had a 44 rear.

Has something to do with the competition having a Wrangler.(CHEVROLET)

XJ91 said:
Has something to do with the competition having a Wrangler.(CHEVROLET)

Thanks everyone, this is a big help...will let you know why I asked after I make my mind on what to do with my XJ.

Back