• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ Comanche project

Israel

NAXJA Forum User
Two Jeeps and a car hauler, one low price! :D

I picked up the Comanche a couple years ago and a 97 XJ shortly afterwards. I've been between houses since then, so I didn't have the chance to do anything with them and now that we're in our house, the house is the new project. Here's what I have:

87 Comanche 2wd, 2.5L motor (not running), short bed. Has rust, but most of the body panels from the cab forward were to be replaced with the XJ parts anyway.

97 XJ with a 98 motor in it (also not running). Missing the axles, driveshafts (I probably have the front shaft kicking around), rear hatch and t-case. The guy I bought it from blew a head gasket. He bought a new/refurbished head and was going to replace the head. He got most of it put back together and lost interest in the jeep.

I'll have to get more info on the trailer, but if memory serves, it is a 2007 16' Big Tex. I bought it, put the XJ on it, and parked it at Grandma's house in Orem for a year, so I haven't had much time to get to know it.

I'm looking to get $3,500 for everything. If someone was only interested in the Jeeps, then we certainly could work something out for a lower price.

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

Nooooo not again!

So how much for just the trailer? I know someone looking.

The MJ is sold and I'm not planning on selling the trailer just with the XJ.

So... I'm now parting out a 97 XJ. What do you all need? :D

I believe it will fit. I've read about factory bumpers being swapped around, so hopefully aftermarket would be the same.

How's $75?

20140129_131550_zpsc24b37e4.jpg

The front bumper is still available. It looks like the previous owner just welded it to the factory brackets. If it were me, I'd cut the brackets off and weld on some beefy brackets.

Actually, if someone wants the bumper and has a couple hours and a pair of sturdy brackets that are already cut and drilled to fit, I'll help them pull their old bumper and weld the new brackets to the new bumper.

I may have a set of strong brackets kicking around I'm not going to use. If not whoever buys that bumper I can get ya some cutout cheap

Any rust/damage on the front passenger door?

Any rust/damage on the front passenger door?

There's two or three pin head sized chips in the paint along the edge of the door and the seam that is up from the bottom and on the inside has some slight surface rust along a couple feet of it. It's great other than that.

Why couldn't you have had this for sale back in October? :D

Cindy and I are kinda planning on Colorado in August. If you're willing to hold it til then, how much would you want for it?

The white '98 Limited that Troy found for us is almost perfect, with an almost new looking underside, but some not so good bodywork was done on that door at some point and it's rusting...

Why couldn't you have had this for sale back in October? :D

Cindy and I are kinda planning on Colorado in August. If you're willing to hold it til then, how much would you want for it?

The white '98 Limited that Troy found for us is almost perfect, with an almost new looking underside, but some not so good bodywork was done on that door at some point and it's rusting...

I'll hold on to it as long as you want as long as it's paid for. :D

Did you want the interior panel and window motor with it?

Back