• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower Motor

KennyH-96XJ-87MJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ that the blower motor resistor went out in about a month ago. I took the the one from my 87 MJ and installed it and the fan worked fine. I went last week to get a new resistor and put it in the XJ and it worked fine for 3 days and then it quit. I went today and exchanged it and plugged the new one in and it started smoking. The fan motor has been squeaking the last couple of weeks since the first resistor went out. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

I have a 96 XJ that the blower motor resistor went out in about a month ago. I took the the one from my 87 MJ and installed it and the fan worked fine. I went last week to get a new resistor and put it in the XJ and it worked fine for 3 days and then it quit. I went today and exchanged it and plugged the new one in and it started smoking. The fan motor has been squeaking the last couple of weeks since the first resistor went out. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks
I would suspect that your blower motor is going out and needs replacing.
Bad blower motor is what usually causes the resistor to blow.

Back