• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just don't go to sears? Alignment Issues...

muduck18

NAXJA Forum User
Got the RE 4.5 lift put the adjustable track bar in can't get the axle centered.
took it to sears and the dude told me (after two hours of waiting) that he couldn't align it becuase it was lifted 3 and a half feet... i told him he needed to recenter the axle and he looked at me like how dare i know more than him...
then he explained to me that if he made the steering wheel straight as soon as i go over a bump the front axle will fall off and I will be "f-ed up big time" apparntly he didn't seem to understand that the track bar was adjustable.
:doh:

So all this to say I am back on my garage floor again trying to get the axle centered enough to take it to an alignment shop some where else...
any one have any best or sure fire method of getting this thing centered?

I searched and browsed some of the 112 treads that came up but found very little other than "get it aligned at a shop"... tried that.didn't work out too well
:callme:

any thoughts?

Just centering it? Park on level ground. Unhook the trackbar and move it out of the way. Turn the wheel left and right a few times to move the front and back and then fine-tune it until the axle is centered. Adjust the trackbar so it fits, bolt it back in, and tell that Sears guy to go F himself...

Thats how I did mine before it was alined. When I took it in, I explaned to the tec that it had an adjustable track bar put on it, and to check the centering alignment of the axle to see if it was centered. When I asked him about it when the work was done, he said it was good, and never had to touch it. I also had him try to get the steering wheel back as close a possable to stock[I had it as close as I could get it my self], and did a good job on that too.

Back