• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rausch Creek Trail Maintenance 9/29

JHKolb

NAXJA Forum User
Who will be able to make the Trail Cutting this Sunday at Rausch Creek? I'd like to get an approx head count to help plan what we may be doing.

Thanks

I'll be there. I'll be cutting open a short rock trail that I flagged out that stockers can do. In the same immediate area there's much larger rocks if you guys want to build a 6 or 7 rated trail. Sorta like the Sherbet Ridge idea, but the outer trail is definitely going to be stocker level, even with the bit of rocks it has, and then between my trail and a logging road is a nice size playground of larger rocks.

Or maybe John has plans of his own for a trail for the club to work on. There's plenty of terrain and rocks to go around.

I'll be there... do we have a set time? I also need to figure out how the get there.

I'll definitely be there. Hey Mark, check out the website www.Rauschcreekracing.com. There are some good directions on the site. See everyone then.

Andy

It's easy to find. From Route 81, take exit 107. At the end of the ramp, there's a small sign indicating turn LEFT for Rausch Creek MX/ATV Park. After you make the left, you'll then see a large open dirt field with ATV rentals. That is not it. Keep going to the next LEFT for the MX/ATV Park. Usually everyone parks in a central area. After everyone signs a waiver at the office, then we head about 2 miles or so down the road to our parking area. Plenty of room for trailers.

I'll be there if I can make it. As of Tuesday put me down as about 50/50 probability.

What kinds of tools do we need? Are we cutting brush, saplings, "old growth" mature trees, or all of the above?

Im 90 percent in. But i droped my chainsaw from about 40 feet and hit about every branch on the way down and the bar is all bent to crap. so ill bring my two arms and legs.

PeterBuilt

Bring loppers and chainsaws. We're trying to avoid cutting mature trees. And the trees that we are cutting, we're supposed to cut them up into smaller pieces to be used for campfire wood later. I have an extra saw if someone wants to borrow it for the day.

Meeting time is 9 am at the MX Park parking lot, we will need to sign in then we'll hit the trails.

Pics from today are posted at http://www.imageevent.com/tealj

Thanks to everyone for your patience and extrication help. Let's see, I was winched twice and strapped once. Banged my skid-row plate even tighter up against the exhaust and tweaked my tie rod a bit. Oh, and my winch rope was tangled, and had to be re-installed before I could winch myself the first time. Most of the pics today are of John K. and Andy. Their rigs are dialed in great and it's awesome to watch those guys in action.

Thanks to everyone who made it our to RC yesterday! It was a really good day (no breakage and I only got 1 small tree bite), the weather was teriffic.

The trails are comming along nicely, with Lynn's scouting and some more cutting weekends we will have some great trails at our disposal. I am very happy with the trail we cleaned up yesterday.

Again, Thanks to everyone, hope to see more the next trip!

When is the next trail clearing expedition planned? I hope not for Columbus Day weekend, because I'm heading north to Maine that week.

I'm not sure what the schedule will be for the next month or two. A small situation has arisen with a neighboring Hunt Club that is currently sharing a portion of the land that some of our trails are on. Bow season starts this weekend and we will only be able to go to the park on Sunday's for the next few weeks.

As soon as I know a better schedule, I'll post and put together another trail cutting/ride.

Back