• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reiter Pit 11/26 Wheeling?

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to go wheeling at Reiter Pit on Sunday the 26th for anyone who is interested.

My plan was to run several trails, probably Lake Isabella, Sac-Up, and possibly the Wall (is it still open?).

Anyone interested?

Michael

If my Jeep is done, I'll try to make it.

And just for the Record, Reiter Pit, is the gravel quarry below the main parking area at Reiter Trails. Not trying to bust your balls, we at RTW (Reiter Trails Watch) are trying to create a positive image for the area.

Thanks, and Happy Wheeling

KarlVP

Karl probably knows better, the Wall is open through the woods but block before you get on the little road. Does that make sense?

XJourney said:
Karl probably knows better, the Wall is open through the woods but block before you get on the little road. Does that make sense?

Yes, Thanks. So you can get out to about the dry waterfall area (sharp left turn?)?
What about the "Tight A$$" trails? Are they both still closed?

And just for the Record, Reiter Pit, is the gravel quarry below the main parking area at Reiter Trails. Not trying to bust your balls, we at RTW (Reiter Trails Watch) are trying to create a positive image for the area.
Sorry!! Karl, you are correct. I guess I need to work on making sure I understand the correct "names" for each of the trails and place.
On that note. I noticed a new rock garden at the bottom of Isabella, and what looks like some new trails up there? Also, where is the "goal post" obstacle at?

Michael

The goal post is on Sac Up, IIRC.

I may be in for this. I'd REALLY like to go to SL and TSF for the whole weekend, but I'm really doubting I'm gonna be able to make that happen. This may be my best bet to get some wheeling in.

J

2xtreme said:
Yes, Thanks. So you can get out to about the dry waterfall area (sharp left turn?)?
What about the "Tight A$$" trails? Are they both still closed?

Sorry!! Karl, you are correct. I guess I need to work on making sure I understand the correct "names" for each of the trails and place.
On that note. I noticed a new rock garden at the bottom of Isabella, and what looks like some new trails up there? Also, where is the "goal post" obstacle at?

Michael

Tight ass is closed. The wall trail is also closed that the "uphill turn" that parallels the Index Wall itself.

The rock garden at the bottom of Isabel is a blast. I spend a few minutes and run it every time I am there.

The GOAL POST is an obstacle on Sac-up. It is two trees you have to drive your rig straigt up and through. Kind of like kicking a football through a goal post.

I'm gonna try and make this. I got a lot of work getting my dash in my TJ torn out today. Tomorrow we start bending tube for my cage.

12GAXJ said:
What time in the morning are you planning on leaving Michael?

Not sure yet. Thinking of meeting up at the parking lot about 9:00am or there about?
Michael

Where is this Rieter place? Is anybody plannin on being there Friday, the 24th? I've got a buddy that just got a built zj and we were thinkin about trying Evans, it'll be his first time, but if nobody's gonna be there, I'd rather go where everyone else is. Sounds like it might just be a Sunday thing though...

adamusmc2002 said:
Where is this Rieter place? Is anybody plannin on being there Friday, the 24th? I've got a buddy that just got a built zj and we were thinkin about trying Evans, it'll be his first time, but if nobody's gonna be there, I'd rather go where everyone else is. Sounds like it might just be a Sunday thing though...

I'm thinking of Evans Friday, and maybe Reiter sunday or maybe even Tahuya on the quad.

J

adamusmc2002 said:

Reiter is off Hwy 2 just east of Goldbar: http://www.reitertrailwatch.org/pdf/trailmap.pdf

- Jay

Cool John, Friday would work for me, if you're gonna be at Evans. I've got my buddy Derek(ackattack?), he just started posting on PNW, then my future brother and father in law will be along for their first time offroading. And, if the stars are ALL aligned, my fiance will be with me too :) Derek's rig is set up, but he's a fairly new wheeler. Anyway, we're shooting for Friday at Evans, so if that'll work for you too John, that'd be awesome.

I plan on meeting in the main gravel parking lot at 9:00am. Probably be leaving the parking lot before 9:30am.

I plan on running up Lake Isabelle Trail.
Come back down Lake Isabelle and play on the rock garden at the bottom.

Run Sac Up.

Then run what is open of the Wall trail if there is time and interest.

My brother will be meeting us out there probably between 11:00 and 12:00.

We will be on Channel 4 for anyone who doesn't hook up with us in the parking lot at 9:00am

Please let me know if you are in or not so that I have a clue as to how many people will be there.

Thanks,
Michael

12GAXJ said:
What kind of tires are you getting?
Avanteone came across 5 used SSR's for a song, and was nice enough to pass along the deal to me...and I passed it on to Ian. :)

They look almost exactly like mine, about 60% tread and chewed up in a few spots. But for $300 for 5 tires, how do you go wrong? They should beat the hell out of Ian's current Les Schwab 30.8" specials.

-----Matt-----

Oh, BTW, I'd love to join you guys on this trip, but I'll be out of town visiting some relatives in Colorado. I'm hoping to meet up with a few NAXJA guys while I'm down there for a beer.

Back