• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 xj running rough when warm

poomero

NAXJA Forum User
my 90 inline 6 runs rough when it is warm but only if i shut it off and start it again. i cant find a vacuum leak and it runs like champ when it is cold. i have no idea what it could be and it is driving me crazy. does anyone have any idea what it could be or what i can do to try and figure it out.

So, you start cold and then drive 2 hundred miles and it runs fine until you shut it off and/or you start cold and then drive 10 minutes and it runs fine until you shut it off?

After restart, rough idle that goes away on acceleration, or smooth idle but rough on acceleration, or rough all the time?

Just rough, or loss of power?

yeah no matter how far i drive the first start its fine. its rough and i can tell a power loss also. it feels like its missing but i dont know why.

Pull all six plugs and look for anything unusual.

When was the last time cap/rotor/wires and plugs changed?

sounds like a possible egr problem!

i pulled one plug the other day and it was new. i also looked at the cap rotor and the fuel filter and thats all new also. i will change the egr and se what that does. i will let you know tomorrow. if any one can think of any thing else please let me know.

Back