• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Start in semi warm tempratures

oldmantompkins

NAXJA Forum User
Since I bought my jeep it has gotten progressively worse about starting on days where it is semi warm. Anything above 50 and it will stumble and run very rough for 30 seconds before running normal (this is after warming up, cold starts are fine). I understand this is most likely heatsoak but the fact that it happens at lower temps makes me concerned its more than that. Where should I go from here?

2001 XJ, 4.0, AW4 with about 105k miles.

Even if you have no check engine light, I would have the computer scanned for stored codes.

That may help here. Heat soak often results in a cylinder #3 misfire code.

K ill get a code reader and see what I find. I have wrapped the #3 injector with insulation but it has had no effect and the problem seems to be escalating.

K ill get a code reader and see what I find. I have wrapped the #3 injector with insulation but it has had no effect and the problem seems to be escalating.

Yea, that TSB from Jeep that recommends wrapping #3 injector is lame. Doesn't work for most people.

Seems like some vehicles are just way more prone to heat soak than others....

Back