• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Floor Pan merchant

blaube

NAXJA Forum User
I desperately need new or newer floor pans. The driver's side has rusted completely through and the carpet is starting to hang out the bottom.
My issue is I can't find a US merchant willing to ship one to Alaska except one or two who insist on charging nearly $300 in shipping.

Does anyone know of a merchant who will ship to AK or have suggestions on other options?

Even tough it's ideal, buying a dead XJ isn't an option because I don't have anywhere to park it while I strip the good parts from one and place it on the other.

OP, the year would help?

I didn't see them on my search, but I did visit their site. I saw they have virtually everything and I made an order. The even have military discount. The total shipping cost came out to $124 via FedEx. Not too bad considering the other options I came across.

Thanks for the input.

One side makes a flange so you get a great lap joint, the other side punches holes. You can rivet the panel on if you want, but I'd recommend rosette welding it, then smearing seam sealer over it.

X2
That's how I did my S10 floor

I really can't help with how much shipping costs, but allow me to recommend a tool that will help you install your floor pans:

https://www.harborfreight.com/air-punch-flange-tool-1110.html

One side makes a flange so you get a great lap joint, the other side punches holes. You can rivet the panel on if you want, but I'd recommend rosette welding it, then smearing seam sealer over it.

Also an air nibbler. Makes cutting out the rot and shaping new metal a breeze.
https://www.harborfreight.com/16-gauge-air-nibbler-96661.html

Who did you end up ordering from? It appears that Quadratec is the only one of these three suppliers that has one-piece floors for each side; the others have a front piece and a rear piece for each side. I also have a '93 XJ in Anchorage in need of floors.

Who did you end up ordering from? It appears that Quadratec is the only one of these three suppliers that has one-piece floors for each side; the others have a front piece and a rear piece for each side. I also have a '93 XJ in Anchorage in need of floors.

Back