• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

After Market Seats? Whats Your Feedback?

saybye

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i dunno if anyone else has figured this out but factory cherokee seat frames suck a fat one. this is my third cherokee and the third driver seat frame ive had break, and im not a big guy (180lbs and 5'10). so instead of buying another set of factory seats im gonna buy some after market harness style seats since its time to cage it... so those of you with them, what brand do you have? whats the comfort and quality like? im leaning toward the smittybilt XRC's because they seem to be well built and pretty comfortible from what ive read, but ive also always heard great this about Corbeau seats...

so post up ur brand and likes/dislikes... :patriot:

i like corbeau's myself. when i worked at essentially offroad and another shop we always put them in buggies, because they're really cheap, and very strong. after a whole day of wheelin, they're still comfy, and you can just hose them off if you need to.

I had a set of sparco torinos in an acura some years ago. Not sure if you want to spend 1500 on a pair of XJ seats.

I"m a little baffled how you keep breaking seat frames. I put almost 60K miles on mine and it still has yet to squeek or feel like it's giving out at all.

I have a set of prp premiers in my yj mounted to the cage, they are extremely comfortable, and have been great so far. I bought a used one on eBay for half price and then bought a coupon to get the second one made to match by prp.

Back