• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 XJ, hydraulic clutch line

EnderAZ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

My hose between the master and slave cylinder is messed up, but I can't seem to find a replacement for it anywhere. Anyone know where I can get this or if something from another vehicle would work?

So far it looks like I might just have to have someone build a new line for me. Though I can't get the damn roll pin out, to remove the line. Any tricks to this?

The roll pin should just require a correctly sized punch and some form of support that will allow the pin to drop into it. Drill a hole in the end of a steel form stake or something like that and you should have the support side of the equation.

I don't know how the ends are set up on a '93, but Advance Adapters makes some fittings to adapt some Jeep master cylinders and slave cylinders to accept a stainless hose: http://www.advanceadapters.com/categories/hydraulic-fittings--hoses/71/

It might be worth a phone call to make sure the right parts can be obtained for your application. Between the YJ and TJ parts they probably have the right stuff for many XJs.

I repaired my own line, but what I did would probably send most safety Nazis into apoplectic shock. But I came across so many threads in so many venues that declared it couldn't be done, I had to do it. :rolleyes:

Ok, I ended up getting it out and it turns out the line actually looks good. My son had recently replaced the clutch master cylinder. Shortly after his clutch pedal went soft. We've bled the shit out it and it just seems to never stiffen up and seems like we're getting air in somewhere, but can't find where. Any ideas?

Back