• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad tps .. Iac installed backwards

Mcmadman

NAXJA Forum User
Hi i have an 01 xj with 188888 on the clock.
so a bad tps had my jeep terrible for atleast 2 weeks as I was pushing off just spending money if I didnt have to. Replaced the tps light went away and it ran better... Still had a terrible idle so i went to clean the iac to find I had flipped it the wrong way when putting it back together after head install. Jeep still idles terribly and is there anything I should look out for after doing this to my poor jeep? Something that comes to mind is pull the plugs. Also I noticed a soot build up my new lime green top injectors does anyone else run these 4 holes?

Yes. Purchase an obd2 scanner with live data. Review all the inputs that the ecu is seeing. Also include a link to the injectors you put in.

Shouldn't have soot on the injectors either. Did you clean out the injector bores and install new o rings with lube when they where changed? Define terrible idle. Does the engine go through the rpm range smoothly while driving?

Hi i have an 01 xj with 188888 on the clock.
so a bad tps had my jeep terrible for atleast 2 weeks as I was pushing off just spending money if I didnt have to. Replaced the tps light went away and it ran better... Still had a terrible idle so i went to clean the iac to find I had flipped it the wrong way when putting it back together after head install. Jeep still idles terribly and is there anything I should look out for after doing this to my poor jeep? Something that comes to mind is pull the plugs. Also I noticed a soot build up my new lime green top injectors does anyone else run these 4 holes?

How do you put the IAC in the wrong way? What work ahve you done no this? Yo mention a head install? Sure you have all the vacumn lines hooked up right, and no major vacumn leak?

You said something about a head install. Grounds, loose connections or misplaced hardware can easily cause this. Did you clean all the grounds? The ones on the alternator can cause problems if not clean.

Also, not sure how the iac was flipped but did you do a deep reset after?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Shouldn't have soot on the injectors either. Did you clean out the injector bores and install new o rings with lube when they where changed? Define terrible idle. Does the engine go through the rpm range smoothly while driving?

New clear water head. New o rings. Idle is low like 500 and just rough and loud. At speeds i think it goes smoothly although I'll pay more attention nedt drive. i noticed when really drovomg aggressively it dosnt shift fast but I would still call it smooth

How do you put the IAC in the wrong way? What work ahve you done no this? Yo mention a head install? Sure you have all the vacumn lines hooked up right, and no major vacumn leak?

The iac flipped 180°. New head and injectors . then trying to solve this just replaced mopar tps. Battery cables. I do believe.the idle was a little rough before head swap...this xj had terrible dw and was stolen so i was dding a lj til it was totalled

You said something about a head install. Grounds, loose connections or misplaced hardware can easily cause this. Did you clean all the grounds? The ones on the alternator can cause problems if not clean.

Also, not sure how the iac was flipped but did you do a deep reset after?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I did clean the grounds and upgraded battery cables in the process. I might want to go back and maybe clean them better the block was pretty oily. I did touch the positive tobthe megative for 30 seconds and turn my headlights on and off

Back