• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 xj no spark no start

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ghost died.... It was idling in the yard then died. I tried to restart and it would not. Checked fuel at the rail. It's good. Checked for spark and it has none. There is voltage at the coil. I don't have my FSM here with me so I'm not sure what to check next. I checked CPS resistance and I think it's good. It isn't showing anything on 2 meters I tested it with. Just a 1 in the digital display. Any thoughts on what to check?

Ghost died.... It was idling in the yard then died. I tried to restart and it would not. Checked fuel at the rail. It's good. Checked for spark and it has none. There is voltage at the coil. I don't have my FSM here with me so I'm not sure what to check next. I checked CPS resistance and I think it's good. It isn't showing anything on 2 meters I tested it with. Just a 1 in the digital display. Any thoughts on what to check?

Checking resistance won't tell you much on a 94 crank sensor. https://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/jeep/4.0L/how-to-test-the-crank-sensor-1

Given the symptom of no-spark and good pressure, the crank sensor would be the most likely culprit.

Back probed the CPS and got 5 volts when I rotated the crank. Coil maybe? Now to find that test procedure.

Last edited:
Tested coil to see if it was getting the fire signal and it was. Replaced coil and she's alive again.

Back