• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just bought overhead computer console for my 00 XJ. Any tips?

i have a 97/98 OHC console and harness going into an 01, anyone have what order the wires need to be transfered into the plug?all the old links and photos are dead ends. I'm been searching for days. Cheers

I can maybe help but not being able to post a picture here won't let me.

But I am pretty sure that to swap a '99 connector to an '00 one you put them in the exact same spots as far as the common wires go.

Looking at the '00 connector from the side that the wires go into with the gap at the bottom, bottom row only having 4 squares, when doing a '99 to '00 I filled the 2 on the left of the top row, from the 2 on the left of the top row off the '99 connector.

The 2 on the bottom row on the right from the '99 to the same position as the '00.

On the '00 connector right slot in the top row is still empty.

Now I trying to decipher my diagrams from when I did this. I can only hope I am reading them right.

Also I have no idea what a '97/'98 looks like.

yea 99 is different from 97/98 97-98 has 2 smaller connectors not one, and the visor lights are single wire not dual like my 01, jeepinoutfitters had all this info but it's lost now, that's what i get for waiting 10 years to install this ugh.

yea 99 is different from 97/98 97-98 has 2 smaller connectors not one, and the visor lights are single wire not dual like my 01, jeepinoutfitters had all this info but it's lost now, that's what i get for waiting 10 years to install this ugh.

I forgot about the visors. When I scoffed all my parts I also took the visors from the '99 knowing that they are one wire with an internal ground.

So I am going to try something.

'00 connector. Looking at it on the side the wires go into. With the 6 spaces at the top and the 4 at the bottom
Top row starting on the left:
blk/grn
wht/blk not taped to another wire
blk/red
blue
lt blue/red
empty

Bottom row. Starting on the left.
purple taped to wht/blk wire
wht/blk wire taped to purple wire
lt blue/blk
grn/purple

Again this is connecting a '99 harness to a '00 connector.
Also again this is assuming I am reading my old notes correctly.

As far as the visors go going to have figure out a way to ground them I guess. No idea how you are going to hook them up to the '97/'98 harness though.

Also I found it hard to get the harness down in the footwell area with the connector attached. So I ran the harness and them pinned the '00 connector to it.

Back