• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking to do on board air and still have my a/c

obxtuf

NAXJA Forum User
I have a high flow york air compressor from work with the serpentine style clutch it was removed from a 9400I international road tractor for warranty recall reasons after 90 days they throw them away and now I have them I (WANT TO KEEP MY A/C) has anyone done this

I like the way kilby has done the brackets you can buy the brackets seperate from the kit but they wont work for the serpentine clutch kit so ill fab them up to work. will post pics when I do this. any one want to trade a tank for one of my serpentine air compressors.

im looking for something that can be mounted under the xj in between the driveline and the framing of the body nothing to big

things I will do in the process 1. the intake line for the compressor will be connected to my air cleaner box 2. I want the single belt setup like how the madxj tech site shows 3. I realize the battery will need to be moved(any suggestions) if I relocate the battery to the trunk that is a hazzard. maybe I could get a gel battery and mount it sideways under the jeep with a protective cover of some type 4. I would like to do this as clean as a factory look

Last edited:
Get a cone filter remove the OEM airbox and move the battery to the other side. Thats what I did. The Rustys cone filter adapter is cheap and small. plenty of room for one battery and I'm going to put the second battery over there two. ( I think it'll fit)

I would not move the battery to under the truck. With all the dents I have under mine the battery would not last.

One thing to note...Kilby does have an XJ-specific bracket, but it is not listed on their website. The part number is KE-1700. I have that kit that includes the alternator pulley, which uses a separate v-belt.

Back