• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brown Dog Offroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherokeefan_1

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody else have problems getting brown dog to reply to emails?I ordered a set of their mounts on july 1st and still no emails to update my order status even though I have asked several times and have not recieved them yet.Are they usually this slow. Looks like I will not be buying from them again if they cant simply update an order or reply to emails.

Anybody else have problems getting brown dog to reply to emails?I ordered a set of their mounts on july 1st and still no emails to update my order status even though I have asked several times and have not recieved them yet.Are they usually this slow. Looks like I will not be buying from them again if they cant simply update an order or reply to emails.

Pick up the phone and call him: 866-401-3877 or 480-626-4644

:callme:

It really isn't that hard.

I read through so many of these complaints of people that are completely slack, it is not hard at all to pick up the phone and call these vendors, and they almost always handle it quickly.

Brown Dog is a great vendor and I am sure if you picked up the phone they would quickly make right the situation. Emails get lost, hard to miss a phonecall.

Had them refund money,going stock I guess after waiting 2 weeks and needing to leave in less than 1 week.If they could have just said they were back ordered then it would be fine but they didnt and had me just waiting the whole time.No big deal I guess just a little disappointing as now I dont have time to get different mounts and have to go stock.Will go with MORE when I get back.Hopefully I will have a better experience with them.At least BrownDog was super fast with the refund.

You didn't wait two weeks. Order placed July 1st (Friday), July 4th (Monday) was a holiday, that leaves 8 business days to bring us to today (July 14th). Hardly a long period of time to wait. Unless you have the expectation that everyone but you works weekends/holidays. :rolleyes:

Maybe if you had picked up the phone from the begininning and explained to Brown Dod that you were in a time crunch, you'd have gotten bumped up the list and received your mounts quickly. The internet is great for a lot of things, but very few vendors have the time or inclination to spend all day in front of a computer.

You didn't wait two weeks. Order placed July 1st (Friday), July 4th (Monday) was a holiday, that leaves 8 business days to bring us to today (July 14th). Hardly a long period of time to wait. Unless you have the expectation that everyone but you works weekends/holidays. :rolleyes:

Maybe if you had picked up the phone from the begininning and explained to Brown Dod that you were in a time crunch, you'd have gotten bumped up the list and received your mounts quickly. The internet is great for a lot of things, but very few vendors have the time or inclination to spend all day in front of a computer.

still no excuse for someone not to reply to emails... if as a manufacturer you cant or dont reply to emails than you should not have one posted! I make sure all of my sales people reply to customers emails within 24 hours (unless a weekend or holiday) There are so many people that simply do not uses phones now a day......

There are so many people that simply do not uses phones now a day......

Exactly, Phones aren't just for surfing the internet you can use them to call people.

Exactly, Phones aren't just for surfing the internet you can use them to call people.

Whaaaaaaaat? :D

To the OP, sorry you had such a bad experience with them. I'm pretty surey you're the first one who has. Everybody else, myself included, have always been treated great...even when they were going through a lot of non-work related problems not too long ago.

Hope you get some motor mounts that you want...eventually.

well what I meant by it is a lot of people prefer email over phone... my 4 year old daughter says "dad can I email makenna (her cousin)" where when I was a kid we would pick up a damn phone and call! I am suprised how many of my younger customers will reply to a voicemail I leave them with an email :(

(and FYI I dont use a phone to surf the internet I use my cable :) )

I agree that phone works best, but When you place an order, a company should make some effort to contact you promptly, either by email or phone. There are people for whom a phone call is impractical whereas an e-mail is easiest. I can see the OP's frustration.

That said, I had great service from Brown Dog and would not hesitate to get another set of their motor mounts for another XJ if I had one.

If I ever find myself needing another set of Jeep motor mounts, I will hands down go with Brown Dog. If I have to wait for them there is no doubt they'll receive my business. I was very lucky to have won a complete upgrade kit from them recently at no cost to me, in a giveaway contest they had. Their product is very well made, extremely strong, packaged with top notch care, and they were very communicative and some of the nicest people I have dealt with in the world of Jeep products.

OP, I'm sorry you had a negative interaction with them, and I'm sad to hear you will never have the opportunity to enjoy their mounts. I'm in 100% agreeance with MT Mike. If I knew I was in a crunch for time, I would have spoken to them person to person over a telephone to ensure they understood how important it was to me that I receive them promptly. I will continue to recommend Brown Dog to anyone I speak with regarding motor mounts. When you're M.O.R.E. mounts end up letting you down, I hope you take the time to give Brown Dog another chance. :thumbup:

Scott

1) you cannot 'enjoy' motor mounts... and saying more mounts will fail... just proves your a brown dog groupe.... theyre the same thing, neither will fail. dont be lame.

2) you browndog fan bois are embarasssing, its one thing to be pro-brown dog, but why you gonna attack MORE for no reason other than fanboiness? i'll stick with M.O.R.E.
3) if you cannot answer an email within 2 weeks (or even 8 days mr ball breaker day counter), DONT PROVIDE ONE! When you post an email address on a company's website, it says 'hey, you can email us, we accept that form of communication, and we will respond'

4) it seems very obvious that brown dog ignored the emails due to being out of stock, this happens ALL THE TIME, and if you defend brown dog for it, your a fool. get off their nuts.

1) you cannot 'enjoy' motor mounts... and saying more mounts will fail... just proves your a brown dog groupe.... theyre the same thing, neither will fail. dont be lame.

2) you browndog fan bois are embarasssing, its one thing to be pro-brown dog, but why you gonna attack MORE for no reason other than fanboiness? i'll stick with M.O.R.E.
3) if you cannot answer an email within 2 weeks (or even 8 days mr ball breaker day counter), DONT PROVIDE ONE! When you post an email address on a company's website, it says 'hey, you can email us, we accept that form of communication, and we will respond'

4) it seems very obvious that brown dog ignored the emails due to being out of stock, this happens ALL THE TIME, and if you defend brown dog for it, your a fool. get off their nuts.

1) I do enjoy mine. To go from a falling apart stock mount and a rattling, jumping engine to a nice smooth, consistent idle/cruise is a world of difference. Therefore, I do "enjoy" driving my Jeep around with them. But thank you for pretending to know how "I" feel about my rig. :looser:

2,3,4) I love tickling your nerves. :wave: Thanks XCM! Happy wheeling big guy.

Scott

Nice post count. :laugh:

I agree that phone works best, but When you place an order, a company should make some effort to contact you promptly, either by email or phone. There are people for whom a phone call is impractical whereas an e-mail is easiest. I can see the OP's frustration.

That said, I had great service from Brown Dog and would not hesitate to get another set of their motor mounts for another XJ if I had one.

I agree Brown Dog has had some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with and I never once called them.

I am not a fanboy and have nothing bad to say about any other motor mount out there. I do however enjoy my brown dog motor mounts and would only ever buy from them in the future. I wish they would make a transmission mount already, I figure if I mention it in every brown dog thread they may do it :patriot: .

I see your mind to Keyboard filter is broken again. You stick with what you want and people who buy from Brown Dog can run Brown Dog mounts. Why would you buy motor mounts, after all they are bolt on........:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back