• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AJ's Armor custom built MJ rear bumper

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
A while back I paid AJ a visit and had him do some measurements on my MJ to have a custom bumper built. Well I received it a few days ago and man oh man, it's just what my MJ needed. I think this is the coolest MJ rear bumper I've ever seen (I'm sure there's no bias since it's on mine:D)

MJRearBumper2.jpg

MJRearBumper3.jpg

MJRearBumper1.jpg

MJRearBumper4.jpg

MJRear012.jpg

MJRear013.jpg

MJRear014.jpg

MJRear015.jpg

AJ didn't have a chance to get a jig built for it, but he said sometime in the near future he could probably start doing them. Let me know what you guys think and how it looks. Sorry about the one dark picture, if you're on a laptop you have to get just the right angle on it. I'll try to get some better daylight pictures shortly here.

it looks alright.
pretty clean looking.
how much did you spend on it?
I built one pretty similiar to it for about 15 bucks.

Jimbo_1321 said:
it looks alright.
pretty clean looking.
how much did you spend on it?
I built one pretty similiar to it for about 15 bucks.
I traded AJ some stuff in exchange for it. I don't know what it would have been worth all together. Are you serious about $15 though? I don't see how that's possible.

I found all the metal :guitar:
it was a lucky find.
basically it cost me some metal blades and welding wire.
did you think about some d ring tabs?
or figure the hitch was enough?

Jimbo_1321 said:
I found all the metal :guitar:
it was a lucky find.
basically it cost me some metal blades and welding wire.
did you think about some d ring tabs?
or figure the hitch was enough?
He asked me if the hitch would be okay and I said that was fine. Had something to do with the placement of the bumper brackets, he felt the receiver would be better.

moparmatt said:
Looks like some very nice welds on that thing. Very cool craftsmanship.

What gauge steel did he use?
Yeah the welds are fantastic, I forget what ga steel he used though, hopefully he'll chime in on that.

Back