• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What happened to the Mishimoto radiator thread?

the club president decided they are spammers and that we don't need new companies trying to develop performance XJ products, so refused to respond to them and axed them.

to their credit, they spent several months trying to work with naxja through sponsorship in an official fashion, but couldn't even get a reply.

i tried to help. i gave up.

the club president decided they are spammers and that we don't need new companies trying to develop performance XJ products, so refused to respond to them and axed them.

to their credit, they spent several months trying to work with naxja through sponsorship in an official fashion, but couldn't even get a reply.

i tried to help. i gave up.

If this is true, so much for expansion:badpc:

From what I can gather their initial inquiries were so poorly written they came across as the latest Nigerian scam.

Not having seen the actual texts I can't say if this is on account of unfamiliarity with English (i.e. not their native language) or just another fine product of our public education system.

At any rate, it is hard to be taken seriously if you can't communicate well.

I do believe that working with vendors should be a priority for NAXJA. Both sides stand to benefit in that relationship.

From what I can gather their initial inquiries were so poorly written they came across as the latest Nigerian scam.

Not having seen the actual texts I can't say if this is on account of unfamiliarity with English (i.e. not their native language) or just another fine product of our public education system.

At any rate, it is hard to be taken seriously if you can't communicate well.

I do believe that working with vendors should be a priority for NAXJA. Both sides stand to benefit in that relationship.

This is what I got, sent to me as a moderator trying to reach sponsorship.

Seemed worthy of a conversation at least.

Mishimoto said:
Hi,

My name is Steve and I'm an automotive journalist with Mishimoto. We've been trying to get in contact about becoming a forum sponsor for quite a while now and have not heard anything back. Is this something you could help us out with?

We're developing a radiator for the XJ and want to share our engineering process with the forum members to get their feedback. Our content is a little different than most vendors as it has a more educational focus, as opposed to strictly sales (we mirror content from our blog here). We typically like to post in the technical sections of forums as that sees far more engagement. Would that be possible?

Thanks!

-Steve

That certainly sounds worthy of a conversation.

Especially if they want to be a sponsor.

They make radiators ( https://www.amazon.com/Mishimoto-R2340-Replacement-Automatic-Transmission/dp/B00860GPIM ) and silicone hoses ( https://www.amazon.com/HPS-57-1219-BLK-Silicone-Radiator-Coolant/dp/B00VWYULQ6 ) for our vehicles.

It appears the radiator is a relatively new development, and since they are inquiring here that would tend to suggest that they are considering additional development. At the very least they are attempting to maintain a product line that supports our vehicles. I don't expect Chrysler to keep making parts for us forever. Any additional support that can be developed is a good thing.

I haven't seen what was received elsewhere.

I hope there are ongoing discussions that will end up with both sides happy.

well, they were never replied to, and then their thread was deleted.

i am guessing that was the end of the discussion.

I think we have some key players who are spread too thin.

I won't argue that. Trying to run any part of naxja is a thankless job that will suck you dry.

Most of my best friends are here. As soon as you start trying to volunteer, they become the most entitled, needy, critical and vindictive people alive. Its shocking.

I'm probably one of those people too, but too close to see it.

I'm hopeful that this fence can be mended and that a mutually beneficial relationship can still be established.

I won't argue that. Trying to run any part of naxja is a thankless job that will suck you dry.

Most of my best friends are here. As soon as you start trying to volunteer, they become the most entitled, needy, critical and vindictive people alive. Its shocking.

I'm totally one of those people too, but too close to see it.

:cheers:

They still have plastic tanks. Where is the all aluminum tank pictured in the blog?

This took me literally 2 seconds on Google to find:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1112648

Did you even bother trying to search?

That is not the thread the OP is asking about.

The thread that has gone away was started by Mishimoto in June of this year as a request for feedback on their behalf for the development of an XJ performance radiator. That thread got pulled because they are not a supporting vendor.

Back