• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my mild mj

cody4359

NAXJA Forum User
well seems that alot a few people are making build threads here so ill join in. bought this 88 mj that had a RE long arm, 97+ conversion, tera flex high steer and ford 8.8 with 4.10 gears. after buying some brown dog offroad superheader brackets i discovered that the motor is a 99 wj block.

when it had badly worn 35" toyos
002.jpg

temporary tires for making it to Fear the Jeeper, glad these wheels are gone
comanche003.jpg

023.jpg

new metric 33" coopers
001-5.jpg

copper creek
014-1.jpg

i like knowing whats going on
008-4.jpg

been robbing my zj for goodies
009-4.jpg

made some basic rocker guards
004-10.jpg

002-4.jpg

AA sye and terra 2 low
001-9.jpg

all clean
004-13.jpg

JCR bumper and winch added along with CB and tool box
mtsthelens014.jpg

the latest goodies waiting to go in are a sleeved gusseted ARB'd dana 30 and dana 44 with a e-locker and 4.56

its an eletronic sender and the "T" comes with the guage kit. mounts in-line, and i chose to do the return line. i dont remember what website i got the A pilliar pod from, and id reccomend a B&M plate style cooler. i had the B&M cooler on my xj and it actually kept it maybe 20* cooler on slow steep grades. this cooler is just the cheapo fin style and was already on the truck.

001-6.jpg

Like I said I really like your MJ Cody. I would keep the 2nd one also, or sell it.
I'm also glad Im not the only person running a set of TandTs long arms. Seems everyone up here likes the mid-arm.

thanks man :) pretty sure i have RE longarm, but not positive. i really like the skyjacker setup but the cheapest i found the crade only for was a bit over $800, other than that i wouldnt mind having the rock krawler setup for better clearance. my setup hangs down to low

my little goodie pile

fresh rebuilt ARB, C gussets and inner sleeve, dana 44 diff cover
mjstuff001.jpg

saw this the other day when i was driving around waiting for the paint on my bumper to dry
003-17.jpg

my little goodie pile

fresh rebuilt ARB, C gussets and inner sleeve, dana 44 diff cover
mjstuff001.jpg

I like the goodie in the back....It would be awesome to convert my 89 mj to late model front end.

thanks man :) pretty sure i have RE longarm, but not positive. i really like the skyjacker setup but the cheapest i found the crade only for was a bit over $800, other than that i wouldnt mind having the rock krawler setup for better clearance. my setup hangs down to low

looking at your rig pics on manche forum, id agree. thats definitly a RE longarm.

interestingly enough, my mj is going to look nearly identical to your white one in terms of parts.

welded the C gussets in today. maybe monday or tuesday ill get the inner sleeve welded in, weds my currie lower control arm skids should be in. then ill be ready to do 4.56 and the ARB

002-14.jpg

003-18.jpg

005-11.jpg

picked up a refurbished compressor for the soon to be axle swap. ordered new RK 3 link brackets and made some bumstop extension to replace the too short jks setup i put in.

001-13.jpg

0104121559.jpg

0104121822.jpg

002-17.jpg

picked up a refurbished compressor for the soon to be axle swap. ordered new RK 3 link brackets and made some bumstop extension to replace the too short jks setup i put in.

001-13.jpg

0104121559.jpg

0104121822.jpg

002-17.jpg

thanks, it mostly just sits in the driveway. kinda quick and i tend to press the skinny pedal alot. loaded APR ecu, ARP R1 diverter, Carbino CAI, lowered and strut bar, oh an d it's the GLI so its got the 6 speed. only has 53k mi on it and id rather rack the miles up on the jeep

very nice. i like a white jeep :) have you looked at the frolich engineering suspsension?

where was that pict of the jeep driving out of the mud pit at?

ive looked at the website but the only have CAD drawing. and as a bonus for mostly getting the spare mj bed pulled for my buddy he's giving me his RK links, so i just had to get the brackets. not a fan of the RE setup i have for clearance reasons.

ahh i c. we should hook up sometime and do some wheelin.

Back