• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

September run ????

WesternXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking about the 'Strawberry Creek Trail' up by Tahoe.
Any other ideas? I know there is a Rubicon clean up day planned for the end of September.

Eric from Reno posted a link on another thread (I hope this works) :dunno:
www.jeep.com/2000/strawberry1/

Last edited:
i'll b at the con on labor day!!! and then again on the clean up!!!

stoney

Linkey no work :(

Well, I did have a camping trip planned for the weekend of the 20th till I found out that its also opening day of deer season. I'm staying home :(

When are you thinking about going? Also, you may have seen that I've decided to go with the MJ. What is Strawberry like? Can longbed stockers make it? Or would I be better off riding with someone?

I was trying to get some input on a weekend that would work for folks. I've never run the trail, but it didn't look that hard. I really don't know how a longbed would do up there. The good news is my Forest Service map shows the trail.

If your talking about the Strawberry Trail from Strawberry on Hwy 50 over to Caples Lake on Hwy 88....you'll have no problem. It's a great trail, with about 3 or 4 minor tough spots, but you should have no problem. We usually take it downhill, from Hwy 88 to Hwy 50...that's the easy way. Try doing it from Hwy 50 to Hwy 88...that should be fun, especially the first few miles on the 50 side. You'll be going up most of the way, a little more challenging.
Great views when you get close to Caples Lake.

89 Laredo
4" lift, Milemarker Winch and
to much to list

I will put in a preference since I have been busy working all summer and will actually have a few weekends to enjoy...how about the 12-14th? And whatever happened to the post about the run to Red/Coyote? I will look a little more and start a new one possibly.

What would be the quickest/easiest way to get up there from Fresno, take 88 out of Stockton or go up through Sac. and take your route or expertise?

I'll drive if my Jeep is still all together or look for a ride if it is not, and I'll try the full on camping thing this time too.

Ah, that weekend is out for me. How about the 19th-21st?
I think the easiest way would be to come up to Sac and take Hwy 50 to 42 Mile Tract.

19-21 is even better for me, as long as I haven't started building, or if I've finished. Probably just leave it stock until after.

I could likely go during the 19-21st....and by then I should have more done to make me more trail capable...

Depending on where the run is, the 19th-21st is a good weekend for us, too.

Be aware, rifle deer hunting season opens on the 20th in many areas of N. Calif., and other areas will already be open or will open soon.

I'm not fond of going out during the opening days, too many drunken idiots with buck fever and spare ammo.

Tucker, check out the link at the beginning of this thread for directions/location.
Looks like this trail can be run in one day? Maybe we could start Saturday morning? Then camp at the trails end.

Back