• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attn Stroker guys....

woody431

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I've been searching these boards most of the night Saturday and reading different sites that have been linked off here, but I'm really interested in stroking my 4.0 this summer. My brother is an engine builder and he has mostly all the machines needed for the machine work on the block/heads.

Will the 258 crank bolt right in to the 242 block? If it does, what is a good rod/piston combination? He uses Eagles on all his race engines and he said that would be a good choice for a rod and he gets a discount on them. Will I need a custom piston or can I use a shelf? I was mainly looking at a JE or SRP? And finally, how much can I do to this engine before the computer isn't able to handle it? Do any Jeeps come with Mass Air Meters so I can put one on this new engine?

If I can squeeze anymore info out of anyone I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

OK,I answered one of my questions reguarding the 258 crank. Sorry for the mixup, but i think the other questions still apply. sorry and thanks for any info!

Find "Dr. Dyno" on our street/performance forum and PM him. He will have the answers you need.

Awesome write-up, but some parts of the webpage wont load. Those labeled "assembly, installation, and results" won't load on my computer. Are they there or is my computer doing not so funny things? Also, when you got the engine did you just go to a local junk yard and find one? What do you look for so that you don't wind up with a complete piece of junk? If I decide to build one in the future do you mind if I e-mail you directly with questions? I know how to build an engine, but they've always been high performance small block Chevrolets, not a straight six.

Thanks,
Robert
[email protected]

XJWheelie said:
Awesome write-up, but some parts of the webpage wont load. Those labeled "assembly, installation, and results" won't load on my computer. Are they there or is my computer doing not so funny things? Also, when you got the engine did you just go to a local junk yard and find one? What do you look for so that you don't wind up with a complete piece of junk? If I decide to build one in the future do you mind if I e-mail you directly with questions? I know how to build an engine, but they've always been high performance small block Chevrolets, not a straight six.

Thanks,
Robert
[email protected]
The sections that do not load have nothing in them as he is yet to reach at those stages as he is still collecting some more parts, i guess i have memorised his webpage. You can also look at ghost's recipie, also check out this link below:-
http://home.earthlink.net/~jeepcherokee1/Stroker/Stroker.htm
:wave1:

Ravi

Yahoo has a stroker group that helped with info when I did my stroker.

XJWheelie said:

Thanks,
Robert
[email protected]

No your computer isn't doing funny things. Like Rav said, I haven't reached those stages yet because I'm still collecting parts. Hopefully I'll have them all by the end of April and I can begin assembly in May. My site will be changing all the time as things develop.
If you're going to build a stroker, buy a 4.0 engine that was still a reasonably good runner before it ended up in the junkyard. That way you at least have a sound base on which you can build. If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask (even if they seem like newbie questions).
4.6L stroker (under construction)
- Websites -
Jeep 4.0 performance, 4.6L stroker build-up
- Tech Webpages -
CTS resistor trick, Dual electric fans, IAT sensor relocation, Intake manifold heatshield, MAP adjuster, Oil temp. gauge install
- Info Pages -
Automotive formulae, Jeep 4.0 cam specs, Jeep engine dyno graphs

Back