• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have issues with camber?

BayStYat

NAXJA Forum User
I have an issue on my drivers side. I’m not sure what would cause a negative camber problem?

Thanks for any help.

I have a 3.5 lift on 31s

I looked for anything bent and from my eyes things look normal.

Have you got actual alignment numbers? The one thing you can check is the axle tubes to be level with each other.

Well it's hard to see if you need any additional work without seeing what your current numbers are. The only way to adjust camber is with offset ball-joints, remember caster and toe-in also effect the numbers that's why they are so important.

Well it's hard to see if you need any additional work without seeing what your current numbers are. The only way to adjust camber is with offset ball-joints, remember caster and toe-in also effect the numbers that's why they are so important.

ok. I am gonna check my ball joints now to see if they are worn out. Then i will get the alignment

thanks

Funny though depending on the angle of the road when the parked, sometimes the negative camber is noticeable and some times its normal.

The only things that would cause camber to be out of whack are a bent axle tube, bent inner C, or realllllly bad ball joints.

You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

man, never jumped it ahahahah. ball joints tight, axle tube and inner C look fine. i am at a loss. just the driver side.

They also have a shim that you can put under the bearing that can change the camber about 1 degree

Ya the wheel bearing ,I guess I should have said that .

Yes, but those move your u-joint off center, best to do it with a upper and lower ball joint.

it was ok w/ me, since its only 1/8 of a inch for 1 degree, and thats not the whole bearing its only the top or bottom. so at the center where u joint is its only 1/2 that amount. plus you get a shim for the caliper mount which keeps the pads at same angle as the rotor.

it was ok w/ me, since its only 1/8 of a inch for 1 degree, and thats not the whole bearing its only the top or bottom. so at the center where u joint is its only 1/2 that amount. plus you get a shim for the caliper mount which keeps the pads at same angle as the rotor.

It doesn't work that way, if it's a 1 degree shim then your axle is 1 degree off.

I doubt 1 degree would hurt anything but it's not the best fix. The u-joint can't adjust for anything, the axle inner splines are what would see it. The ball joints are centered over the u-joints vs a spacer which is about 4" off the centerline.

if there is a camber issue, wouldn't be all the time? I dont have an issue on flat ground but any angle of the road its out of wack when parked.

Back