• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubber Mat/Carpet

perrbr02

NAXJA Forum User
So my place of employment got a new work truck today and I realized that work trucks have rubber “carpet” instead of the traditional fabric. Does anyone know if there is a company that makes this type of “carpet” for XJs? I recently kind of flooded the foot well area of my Jeep and had to throw out my stock carpet. I don’t want to just rhino line it because I pretty much daily drive this Jeep, (3 link front end, 35s, lockers, etc) and don’t want all that noise being megaphoned into my eardrums without any kind of sound deadening. If there isn’t, I’ll just end up buying some more carpet and just be more careful to not flood myself again.

Thanks!!!

A lot of those vinyl floors still have padding underneath. That’s no problem for spilling stuff or mud, but can still be an issue if you swamp it in a mud hole.

I think the fleet-sold XJs (think park rangers) had a vinyl floor option, but as stated will still have padding.

Might be better to replace the factory padding with closed-cell foam instead, so it can't absorb water the next time you swamp it.

Rock auto has it.
IIRC look under: flooring" same company had molded carpet and vinyl/rubber in several colors. Got some to replace carpet in 96.

Last edited:
A lot of those vinyl floors still have padding underneath. That’s no problem for spilling stuff or mud, but can still be an issue if you swamp it in a mud hole.

If the foam is closed cell it will not take on water. Most are for prevention of water absorption.

Back