• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New XJ owner joins the forum!

steventure

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys and gals, TJ owner here just picked up my first 97 Cherokee tonight! Couldn't be happier, have wanted one for quite some time and I was finally able to score a relatively rust free one for a good price. Being in Indiana makes that difficult, but this one was originally from Texas. Been lurking around the XJ forums for awhile and I'm an avid wranglertjforum user. Was recommended NAXJA over the others out there.

First thing I noticed on my way home, I've got the "dumb" gauge cluster. :laugh2: So a dash swap might be on my to do list. I'll have to read in to that more. Was feeling a bit of warmth on my legs that had me concerned for a minute. But granted it was still 90 degrees out and the AW4 i believe is a pretty stout/hot transmission. Anyways, let the fun begin!

Sorry if this post is in the wrong section or something. I'm just happy to be a part of the Cherokee family :wave1:

Welcome aboard, your journey is just starting! :yelclap:

welcome! trans tunnel gets good and warm, no sweat.

Thanks! Yea I figured. Might be worth it though to install a trans cooler, if anything to simply extend the life of the aw4? 260,000 miles doubt its been serviced other than fluid changes. Shifts great though. I'll be getting in there this weekend to change all my fluids.

absolutely a trans cooler is a great upgrade to keep trans temps happier! lots of good set ups on here.

Im not sure about the 97s but my 99 has a smaller cooler from an upcountry package. If you look above the bumper in front of your rad might be a smaller cooler from the factory. I definitely will add a bigger cooler eventually.

Welcome! We have a pretty active Midwest Chapter, where your location will fall. Be sure to check out the MWC Forums further down the page to meet some locals.

Welcome from SoCal. Let the games begin!!

Back