• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Virginia

NOVA seems to go more with the NAC but many in Southern VA seem to congregate in the SEC. Not a great answer but that seems to be how it works.

We'll take you in if you like it here. No problems with that.

I consider VA, at least the southern half of it, part of the south. VA is like two different states though. Some parts of NOVA are just as southern as SWVA but when you get into the metro area's you might as well be in NYC.

It really doesn't matter though, you own a XJ, welcome!

By history and traditional definition Virginia is a southern state.

More of a limbo transition from north to south in culture and ease of meeting up with other people. If you are around Washington D.C. it is easier to get rides with people in the north east. When I was in Fredericksburg, VA it seemed like all the good places to go off road where three plus hours away in Pennsylvania or even further away in North/South Carolina.

However, it is also hilarious to see die hard Virginian southern boys rage and the veins start popping from the forehead when calling Virginia a northern state. :D

yeah i sure dont take to kind to be called no daggone yank , thats for sure....i spent a large part of my early years in the deep south. and thanks for the welcome.

True Virginians are "Southerners", I consider southern "West by God" Virginia to be southern as well. Just go into the coal fields and look around LOL!

You haven't brought that XJ by yet?

I'm home today but I have to have a root canal done on a abscessed tooth. I have a game tomorrow but I should be around on Wednesday.

I'll shoot you a text on Wed. Last thursday when I was supposed to get in touch I ended up working late and then taking the YJ over by JT to get some work done. Hope the tooth gets better, hollar if you need anything!

Back