• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New motor mounts

azxj95

NAXJA Forum User
So i need new motor mounts and dont know who to go with Brown dog offroad or the More bomb proof mounts what do you guys think some imput would be nice

depends how much vibration you like. i think the brown dog ones are poly, so theyll rattle teeth, bolts and anything not rigidly mounted. the more ones are a different rubber which is supposed to be stronger than stock but not vibrate as bad as poly. i run poly and after a while you get used to it.

depends how much vibration you like. i think the brown dog ones are poly, so theyll rattle teeth, bolts and anything not rigidly mounted. the more ones are a different rubber which is supposed to be stronger than stock but not vibrate as bad as poly. i run poly and after a while you get used to it.
So have you had any probs with stuff falling off if they vibrate so bad i dont want to be going down the road and loose and headlight or somthing

haha no mostly interior panels like door panels, consol, dash that type of stuff. nothing has fallen off though and nothing is really loosened up. keep the motor in place real well too. ive had em in for about 8 months and no problems to speak of. the worst of the rattle is at idle and high rpms. normal cruise aint that bad.

You can buy your Brown Dogs either way, and if you don't like the poly or natural rubber, just change the bushings.

Plus, when you buy your Brown Dogs, as a paid NAXJA member, you get a discount--Brown Dog is a Naxja supporting vendor.

Two years on the natural rubber, loving it.

So iv been reading some guys change there trans mount if they go with the poly motor mounts i just picked up a stock trans mount from checker auto parts am i going to have toget a differnt one if i buy the brown dog poly mounts

So iv been reading some guys change there trans mount if they go with the poly motor mounts i just picked up a stock trans mount from checker auto parts am i going to have toget a differnt one if i buy the brown dog poly mounts

I'm running BD natural rubber engine mounts with a Daystar poly transmount, AX15 equipped.

I don't like the vibration of poly engine mounts with unibody vehicles, been there and done that before on a few different vehicles--always transmits the vibrations through the unibody.

I like poly trans mounts, they limit the movement back there, and I don't feel any vibration from it.

Wrong, In my XJ any ways.. I have been running the Brown Dog mounts for over a year and my teeth do not rattle. And yes they are the poly ones that I got, I do run a stock rubber trans mount though. Both Brown Dog and More both have poly and rubber options if I remember right, but I might be wrong. When you use any poly motor mount you are not suppose to crank down on the bolts like you do on a rubber mount. That is where most people get bad vibes on the poly's from. I myself was/am old school, so I cranked them down when I first got them and holly cow did it vibrate. I actually read the instructions(I felt before they are only on by a couple bolts why do I need instructions) and it clearly said to leave them just snug, not tight. And wow what a difference that made.... So fair warning to all that by the poly's-check the instructions for any specific stuff that may be out of the norm for you.

Nope not at all. I run Brown Dog poly motor mounts and a stock rubber style trans mount and have never had an issue..

Wrong, In my XJ any ways.. I have been running the Brown Dog mounts for over a year and my teeth do not rattle. And yes they are the poly ones that I got, I do run a stock rubber trans mount though. Both Brown Dog and More both have poly and rubber options if I remember right, but I might be wrong. When you use any poly motor mount you are not suppose to crank down on the bolts like you do on a rubber mount. That is where most people get bad vibes on the poly's from. I myself was/am old school, so I cranked them down when I first got them and holly cow did it vibrate. I actually read the instructions(I felt before they are only on by a couple bolts why do I need instructions) and it clearly said to leave them just snug, not tight. And wow what a difference that made.... So fair warning to all that by the poly's-check the instructions for any specific stuff that may be out of the norm for you.
cool i thought i mite have to go get another trans mount

Nope not at all. I run Brown Dog poly motor mounts and a stock rubber style trans mount and have never had an issue..
Right on another guy that runs poly motor and stock trans the more the better it makes me feel better I think Im going to call up brown dog tomarrow and order a set i live in AZ so i should have them befor the weekend Ill have a busy weekend have to install the ruufstuff stiffners fullsize axles and a 6.5 RK kit now try to get the motor mounts in to

I also use a stock trans mount with poly motor mounts and it seems fine. I put in a new stock trans mount at the same time. I have Rusty's motor mounts, which are, as far as I can tell, no longer available in poly, and the new ones look different than mine.

I still have most of my teeth.

Brown dogs are bomb proof. I'd like to hear from the numb nut that broke one of these. I have the poly's, and contrary to what 93XJLI says, there are a lot of vibes, especially at idle. You get used to it fast tho. I just throw it in neutral at stop lights. The only bad thing is that you blow thru cheap tranny mounts like hell since that is the only mount that will flex. I'd go ahead and try to get their tranny mount too if ya have the cash. Plus the guy must live in Queen Creek, I got mine delivered to my door within 8 hours of ordering them online! I love em!

where do they have there trans mount? don't see it on their web site.

Has any one used the Super Engine Brackets?

I put the MORE mounts in my 98. Like the others here it has a vibration when stopped in drive, throw it in neutral and it goes away. When I installed them a couple of the stock bolts were loose. On each side I couldn,t get 1 bolt to line up to go into the block. No big deal, they are way better than stock.

Well i just ordered the Brown dog Polys The guy was super helpful and said i sould have them by thursday just in time for me to get home for the weekend and get them in Thanks to all you guys for your advice on the motor mounts Everything that is Geting done to my jeep is becouse of naxja and all the guys on here with everyones input i just the few of the ?s i have asked and just looking threw all the threads has been really helpful once again thanks my jeep would be whats its going to be without evreyones help on naxja

Back