• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Using Factory Fog Light Switch And Wiring

M4Madness

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning to replace my broken factory fog lights with aftermarket lights. What is the highest wattage I can install and still use my existing factory switch, wiring, relays, etc.? I don't want to melt any wires.

The stock fog lights are already pretty close to blowing up the wiring, I'd add some heavy gauge wiring and relay(s). You can easily use one of the factory lamp pigtails to drive the coil on the relay.

im running hella 500's with silverstar bulbs on the stock wiring and switch, havent had a problem yet. but im sure larger wiring couldnt hurt and could only benefit

i have used a stock fog light switch to run my aftermarket lights. the switch wires up just as any other illuminated rocker. then i wired it up to the lights via a relay. i didnt bother with any of the stock wiring knowing that it would be inadequate for what i wanted to run and i wanted to be able to use the lights with my high beams (most stock fog lights cut out when the brights are on).

Back