• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 XJ - Blend door(s) question

Blaine B.

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I have a 95 XJ.......my heat sucks this winter. My blend door IS moving (can feel it get a little warmer/colder depending on where I slide the red/blue lever on the HVAC panel).

However, when I put my hand over the fresh air intake for the HVAC, I can still feel it pushing out a little air even when I have it on 100% heat.

Any suggestions?

The linkage for the blend doors is correct, when I have the slider on 100% heat, the blend door is completely shut. Is there anything with the blend doors that is vacuum actuated?

Thanks

Just thought of something......I don't recall the heat sucking this year until Friday, when we had alot of rain and then it all froze.

Do you think somehow rain seeped in through the HVAC fresh air vent (by the wipers) then iced over and is keeping the blend doors wedged or something?

I don't know what else it could be......earlier this year the heat was nice and warm, like when it was 30 degrees out......today its 24 degrees and sucks, so I know I can't entirely blame it on the outdoor temperature......

Back