• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire size issues Issues

johnwaggle

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 cherokee and I'm planning ot put a 4.5 rubicon lift on it and i want to go with a tire around 33 inches. With the rear end will there be any issues as far as gear ratio that will have to be taken into account.

auto or 5spd? I've got a 5 spd and with 31's and 3.07's there's a noticeable difference from stock. Not a whole lot of getup and 5th is basically worthless unless I'm doing 70.
I've also assumed you've got the 4 liter.

You need to find out what gear ratio you are running now. You are going to loose power. There is a gear ratio chart on 4wheelparts.com in the tires. This will give you an idea of what ratio you will want to be at.

Give you VIN # to a dealer and they can tell you what ratio you have, at least what it was stock.

johnwaggle said:
I have a 92 cherokee and I'm planning ot put a 4.5 rubicon lift on it and i want to go with a tire around 33 inches. With the rear end will there be any issues as far as gear ratio that will have to be taken into account.

YES

bj-666 said:

X2 You ar going from about a 27 in tire stock to a 33 in thats alot up to 31 with minimal power loss on an auto but really big loss on a 33 i ran stalk gears and 31's for a while and you can tell a big difference especially on the highway i had no power at 70.

Back