• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter BOD Nominations start 11/1/11!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
The nomination process starts on November 1, 2011 and runs until the voting begins on 11/15/11. All three positions are up for election, Treasurer/Secretary, Vice President, and President. The term is 2 years, 1/1/2012 - 12/31/2013.

Nominees must be a member in good standing for at least one year. Please talk to somebody before you throw their name in the hat. Nominations must be accepted by the nominee, and be seconded to be official. It would be great to see some energetic new blood take the reigns and do great things with this wonderful chapter of ours!

It has been a real honor to be your President over the last two years, even though it was probably the worst two years to possibly take on this understated task! I didn't realize that would be the case at the time, but perhaps I should have. Who knew babies are work? :twak:

I know great things can be accomplished from these BOD positions - great things for our club, for our sport, and for our trails. The opportunities are there - I wish I could have accomplished more of them myself, but I will be just as happy to see the next group do it.

Aaaaaanyway... talk to one-another, and post up in a couple days!

Billy

I think we all need to take a second to thank Billy for his time and hard work for NAXJA, it is not very easy to volunteer for a hobby with a new family. He can take the step down from office knowing his hard work and the chapters money, gave the FOF a big donation and helped the Fordyce tral for years to come.

Now we need some people that will give our chapter two years of support.

Who can step up?

thank you for the last 2 years Billy!

Agreed, Billy went above and beyond for our chapter. Drove all the way up to Deer Valley this year just to make sure Sierra Fest was a success.:yelclap:
Thank you, Billy for you service.

The nomination process starts on November 1, 2011 and runs until the voting begins on 11/15/11. All three positions are up for election, Treasurer/Secretary, Vice President, and President. The term is 2 years, 1/1/2012 - 12/31/2013.

Thanks for your time and effort over the last couple of years.

Is there a post or thread that briefly summarizes the responsibilities and monthly time commitment of each position for those of us who don't know.

Thanks to Billy, Dave, and Mark for the last 2 years.

2 years is a committment, thanks for hanging in there for your full term.

Now, who will step up to fill the BOD positions?

Is there a post or thread that briefly summarizes the responsibilities and monthly time commitment of each position for those of us who don't know.

Eh, no... not really. You don't HAVE to put in a whole lot of time, but the elective activities that take the most time are the things that the Chapter benefits from the most (events, fund raisers, etc). When do you don't have any events coming up, there isn't too much to worry about.
Billy

Come on guys! If you don't have a chapter leadership then you wont have a chapter.

Could someone pm me the duties of each position please. Thank you.

Even somebody that could only commit 15 minutes every other day, or an hour a week would be better than closing the chapter!

It's not like I set the bar very high guys! And not only that, but if you feel the task is too much and feel you need to resign, we're all going to remember the position we're in right now.

No Sierra Chapter would mean no donations for local land use.
sad.gif

Billy

I would like to Nominate Eric (EricsXj) For President, X2 on Kelly for Vice President

Im glad to see members being nominated. I cannot run for treasurer, but would like to nominate myself for President or vice president. If either of the nominees decide to back out I feel comfortable with either of those positions.
-----NorCalChris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back