• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New head gasket new problems

Thatguy1

NAXJA Forum User
Long story short got this 2000 xj sport with a blown head gasket and a cracked 3330 head. New gasket and a used 7120 head with used injectors(not remand)
Fired it up and smoke like a old steam train. White smoke. No smell to it. Could smell gas oil or coolant, it was humid out it just rained humidity had to be 100% plus the exhaust is cut off after the cat.
Did some testing to with the old light bulb trick and ohmed out the injectors plus a compression test and this is what I got. This tells me I have a ok motor what’s it say to you?
Red is cylinder number then ohms of injectors then V for voltage check and bottom is compression
d47d573221eea34462396015d1c2fd39.jpg

Spark plugs are a different story left to right is 6-1 #3 is dry and clean I dropped #2 and broke it.
3951dcece0c3d5844459757f6ddb58f0.jpg

Thank you all in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The variation in the cyl comp is a little troubling but that #3 spark plug is really concerning.

Think I got it figured out. Ran it longer today and the smoke cleared up. Can smell dawn dish soap and new gaskets warming up the way they should. Believe I need a new coil pack and definitely need a new radiator. Not new like the PO said it was. Big hole when it burb and took pressure.
a15eb1d1eabb61b9f29c4cc6e4655ef9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back