• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quality adjustable track bar

vfly172

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 00xj with a 5.5" RE long arm lift. I finished the lift a year ago and wheel it 3-4 weekends a month. It has the Currie correctlync steering. The third set of RE trackbar bushings are now shot. I'm tired of keep having to replace bushings. What track bar are people using with this list setup?

The IRO link is broken. I'm assuming it's for the double shear. Do you have the RE lift? I just have to make sure it'll work with the bracket I have.

Are you using the RE HD trackbar? Mine been on for 20yrs without any problems.

Take a look at Kevin's Offroad for better quality bushings.

Yeah guess I didn't copy it right. I ran a RE 4" SA lift on mine with the IRO double shear. I 'd suggest moving to a double shear at that lift height if you aren't already.

Or as ANAK suggested KOR bushing have some good reviews.

Take a look at Kevin's Offroad for better quality bushings.

I have run a Kevin's track bar kit for 15 years, the track bar is a JKS model with Kevin's extra hard bushings. It doesn't to want to wear out and is still tight after 150,000 miles.

The hard polyurethane bushings can squeak, I drilled and tapped both ends for grease fittings and loaded a mini-grease gun with silicone suspension grease, as specified. Silicone grease is very sticky and last a long time,
The fittings are located so the grease is shot between the two-part bushings, grease them until the lube runs clean. High quality silicone grease does not dissolve in any solvents I own, so wear disposable gloves and work clothes when dealing with the stuff. Clean up the squeeze out .

Back