• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Way to Remove the Front Stablizer Bar Brackets

oldbill

NAXJA Forum User
What's the best way to remove the front stabilizer bar brackets without breaking or snapping off the bolts. If you do break a bolt, what is the best way to get the broken bolt out, or the beat way to remount the bracket.

Penetrating oil and an impact? Breaker bar or bfh if needed.. Shouldnt need heat.

Is this axle side or where it connects to the Y link?

Penetrating oil and an impact? Breaker bar or bfh if needed.. Shouldnt need heat.Is this axle side or where it connects to the Y link?

Neither, I believe he is referring to the sway bar brackets which under the worst case scenario can be accessed by removing the bumper.

I thought so at first too... But idk what he is talking about- the bolts for the sway bar to the unibody?? Pretty straightforward.. Soak and remove... Or maybe the sway bar links on the axle side?

Last edited:
What's the best way to remove the front stabilizer bar brackets without breaking or snapping off the bolts. If you do break a bolt, what is the best way to get the broken bolt out, or the beat way to remount the bracket.

I'm taking about the U shaped brackets that hold the rubber cushions that the stabilizer bar slips into. The brackets are then attached to the unibody frame channel. I didn't know that there was an opening that wold allow me to spray penetrating oil through to the threads.

Spray penetrating oil inside the frame rail onto the threads twice a day for a week. Drill access holes if necessary. If the bolts don't start to move immediately, apply heat.

Here's a shot down the pass side framerail.
P1080549_zpskj0oyb9u.jpg

We on sway bars or steering stabilizer shock absorber things?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back