• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway bar disconnect upgrade

Rohr397

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday I took my XJ out on it's first run and for the most part, it did really well! I did run into one problem however...

While I replaced the shot control arm bushings and shock bushings (and the things they were attached to, for good measure) I did not pay much attention to the state of the sway bar disconnect bushings. Not long after hitting the dirt the dirt road to get out to the trail, I started hearing a lot of noise and feeling vibration through the floor.

It turns out that the bushing for my sway disconnect had disintegrated and was completely gone, allowing one side of the sway bar to bounce around. We fully disconnected and did just fine the rest of the day, but it goes without saying that I'd prefer to find a better solution than going sway bar free.

The current sway bar disconnects are Rough Country. In the last two months, I've had to replace most everything Rough Country anyways, so I'm expecting that's going to be the case here as well, especially since it seems like there's never replacement bushings for their products.

I've shopped around a little already, but I'm curious what other people prefer for sway bar disconnects, or if they've found a good bushing to throw in the Rough Country set up.

Back