• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear run in FEB. !!!..

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
:wave: OK guys,

We had a spectaular turnout this past Saturday. I have been asked to put another run together, so here we go.

I am thinking middle of February (Not Valentine's Day), maybe Presidents Day weekend. I believe this is the weekend of the 19th. Some people have a 3 day weekend.

There are 2 NAXJA runs planned for Feb:

4th-6th So Cal NAXJA Chapter's Death Valley Run

25th-27th So Cal NAXJA Chapter's Ocotillo Wells Run

So the plan is running a few trails on Saturday, Feb. 19th.

Here are the run details:

This is an informal (not supported) run.

Required Equipment:
Solid recovery points front and rear (tow hooks, shackles/d-rings, receivers), first aid kit, fire extinguisher, snatch strap (no chains, no strap with metal hooks), spare tire and all necessary hardware.

Meeting Place:
Big Bear Discovery Center (http://www.bigbear.info/), 8:00 AM

Planned trails for Saturday:
Holcomb Creek (3N93) East to West (the hard way)

MAYBE RUN:

John Bull (3N10) running East to West, bypass (via 3N16) available for those who choose not to run it.

CB Channel:
Primary, 4; alternate, 14

Trail Leader, Saturday:
Robert Prater (rpratexj) - Unless someone else wants to lead.

As always, weather and rigs (present) may alter the trail selection.

Please pass the word. This run is open to all vehicles that meet the minimum requirements.

Thanks,

Robert

OK,

I am hearing that ther is a run at Superstition Feb 18 thru 20. I think I will keep this run planned as is, for the 19th. If I don't get enough response, we may reschedule.

Any input or objections?

Robert

I'm interested, bein military I get at least a 3 day weekend for every federal holiday...:D But I need to buy some tow hooks for the front end and my strap has hooks on it and I have no fire extinguisher...:( I should hopefully have tow hooks by then and am planning on buying a 1.5"Teraflex BB very soon to fit my 30s. The strap might be difficult to replace thanks to high prices. Know anywhere to buy cheap ones? All the ones I see online are like $50-70.

desertjeeper said:
Try here. The 3X30 is a good deal.
4 Wheel parts recovery straps

I got one of these not long ago, I haven't had an occation to pull with it yet but it looks very well made and have heard others say they liked theirs.
cool, thanks for the link. I've added them to my wishlist...:D Maybe I can get my uncle to order them for me...

Any word on this? Is it still going on? If so, I need to put in a request to swap duty with someone...we changed our schedule to 24/7 and I'll be on the Wed-Sat crew then. I should be able to swap with someone for that weekend though...I ended up with a RRO boost for 3" up front and 1.5" in back and the 30's are mounted. I also have a hookless strap and tow hooks are on the way. :D Hope to see you there!

I am game for going next Saturday because I can not go to Death Valley, but nothing is finalized on a Big Bear Run.

I will try to get an official run posted for the 19th of Feburary.

Let me know if anyone wants to go up next Saturday.

Look for a new post for the 19th!

Robert

I can't go next Saturday since I'll be out of town visiting relatives, but I'm still intersted in the 19th. I've found someone to take my shift that day...

Sounds good! Let's try to keep this date good. We can just plan it and hopefully others will show up, if not, heck, we'll just go play on a couple of trails.

I will still make a run announcment post. In a few days.

Robert

Inxslung said:
almost got the d44 finished, with an ox installed. thanks again!
Dave

Hey Dave, Glad to hear it! I don't know if I will be able to get up there or not, but I will try. If I don't make it at least I'll know your making good use of my old axle.

Luther

A friend may be coming out that weekend with his Tacoma TRD...if y'all don't mind a Toy on the run, I'll see if he wants to go, but I may not be able to go...:(

This is an un-sanctioned run, so anyone with a vehicle meeting the minimum requirements can go.

I am in the process of determining the trail(s) that we are going to run on the 19th. I will update the post in thenext few days.

Thanks,

Robert

Back