• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiator and a/c condenser

nebish

NAXJA Forum User
1992 MJ, 6cyl, 5 spd

I am going to be replacing my radiator soon. I have not removed the radiator yet, because there are two brackets that hold the bottom of the a/c condenser to the bottom of the radiator. The small bolts passing through this bracket has the head of the bolt between the radiator and condenser which looks impossible to get to. I want to remove the radiator without disconnecting the a/c condenser. Has anyone seen this before?

I have a 90 w/ the closed cooling system. I am not sure how much difference there is between the two, but my radiator has only studs sticking out of the bottom of it. There arent any nuts or bolts. The studs go through the brackets for the condensor and into the radiator support. Never heard of them being bolted down. Good luck with your Jeep.

90red

I just replaced my radiator in my '96 w/ac condenser and OEM tranny cooler. You should be able to just unbolt the radiator from the top mounting bolts and any bracket screws/bolts for the auxilliary cooling stuff. I was worried about the condenser and tranny cooler causing problems, but they just "hung" there while I pulled the rad out. I have not seen the bolt heads for the condender under the bracket like you described. It looks harder than it ends up being. Just my .02.

Back