• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got hit by a 2008 KIA

McQue

NAXJA Forum User
Young lady ran thru a stop sign (sun was in her eyes I guess) right in front of a cop. She never hit the brakes or tried to steer left 18 inches to miss the ass end of my Jeep. Hit me in the passenger rear bumper cover and cracked it. That is all the damage I have found on my Jeep. KIA didn't hold up so well.

The Kia noise piece was cracked/split in a few places, passenger side front headlight buckets pushed in and scuffed badly, grill slightly bent, and passenger front fender crunched. ( I estimate about $3000.00, maybe more or less).

Then she tells me and the cop she just had an accident 2 days ago, and the KIA is a rental car! Anyhow, We exchange all the info. etc, and as she drives away, she is talking on her cell phone in plain site and the cop just watches and she drives off into the sunrise for her next victim....

Good news is nobody got hurt...Merry Christmas everybody!

Damn that sucks man. Pics?

Merry Christmas

I hope that's the worst wreck any one of us gets into this holiday season... Glad you're okay and Jeep seems fine!

just think... heres a reason to get body armor and a swing away tire carrier/bumper for xmas lol =) i really dont think if it totalled her car that you walked away with a cracked plastic piece... i'd look ur jeep over really well you could have like a cracked shackle mount or something

just think... heres a reason to get body armor and a swing away tire carrier/bumper for xmas lol =) i really dont think if it totalled her car that you walked away with a cracked plastic piece... i'd look ur jeep over really well you could have like a cracked shackle mount or something
Her car isn't totaled, and I can tell you them Kias aren't exactly tough...

:doh:

3 grand repair costs are not going to total a one year old rental car.

Also, your lack of language skills (or at least laziness in typing) offends me.

McQue - sucks, at least you got off pretty easy. Check to see if your bumper brackets got pushed to the side? Also, check to see if she tweaked up your axle/springs/exhaust.

language skills? I guess my lack of wanting to use commas, periods and punctuation offends you. Just remember that its the internet, not an english class

and if its my "..." sorry its a bad habit i am trying to break free from.

Also, your lack of language skills (or at least laziness in typing) offends me.

You do know you're talking to the top nominee for Tard Wars 2009 right?

Show some respect. :D

Her car isn't totaled, and I can tell you them Kias aren't exactly tough...

i may of said "totalled" but i didnt mean totalled, it was the easiest word to come to mind at the time. i had over 3000 dollars in damage to the front of my honda and it didnt look all that bad

language skills? I guess my lack of wanting to use commas, periods and punctuation offends you. Just remember that its the internet, not an english class

and if its my "..." sorry its a bad habit i am trying to break free from.
It does :D You know why they teach English classes, right? So you can use that information out in real life. Not so you can get good grades in the class.

You do know you're talking to the top nominee for Tard Wars 2009 right?

Show some respect. :D
:roflmao: no kidding.

i may of said "totalled" but i didnt mean totalled, it was the easiest word to come to mind at the time. i had over 3000 dollars in damage to the front of my honda and it didnt look all that bad
:dunno::yap:

OK, I'll stop derailing now.

Last edited:
My son was driving our very armored XJ a few weeks ago on icy roads. A Hyundai Sonata slid through an intersection and struck him somewhere in the left quarter panel. I am not exactly sure where contact was made because the only damage to the XJ was a 1" crack in the Bushwacker. The Sonata lost its entire front bumper, both metal and plastic.
How did I do on my sentence structure, spelling and grammar? Paul

My son was driving our very armored XJ a few weeks ago on icy roads. A Hyundai Sonata slid through an intersection and struck him somewhere in the left quarter panel. I am not exactly sure where contact was made because the only damage to the XJ was a 1" crack in the Bushwhacker. The Sonata lost its entire front bumper, both metal and plastic.
How did I do on my sentence structure, spelling, and grammar? Paul
Pretty good, I only caught 2 errors. :D

Last edited:
I only caught one in yours.

"On;y"

Really? :D

My son was driving our very armored XJ a few weeks ago on icy roads.

That sentence is not structured for clear consumption. You murdered the "on icy roads" clause to make room for the "few weeks ago" clause, and did it so blatantly that it might as well have been exhibitionism. Just move one of the clauses to the front of the story, where it is not in the way, and where it helps to set the stage for the story. Something like: "A few weeks ago, my son was driving our very-armored XJ on icy roads." That way you don't have to throw one of the clauses under the other, plus you can build a little drama by framing the tale.

:wow:

That sentence is not structured for clear consumption. You murdered the "on icy roads" clause to make room for the "few weeks ago" clause, and did it so blatantly that it might as well have been exhibitionism. Just move one of the clauses to the front of the story, where it is not in the way, and where it helps to set the stage for the story. Something like: "A few weeks ago, my son was driving our very-armored XJ on icy roads." That way you don't have to throw one of the clauses under the other, plus you can build a little drama by framing the tale.

If everyone can avoid bringing their feelings to the internet forum, there are some really good points to be taken from this. The United States is falling behind the rest of the world on many levels and if we cannot be bothered by punctuation and grammar, then we are too lazy to take our country back. Many people are even too lazy to hit the spell check button.

Back