• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anza Borrego 2/17-2/28

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Anza Borrego 2/17-2/18

I'm camping down in Anza Borrego with some family and friends over the Presidents Day weekend. I want to run Pinyon Mountain either Saturday or Sunday.

Anyone care to join me?

How would a stock Toyota 4x4 with 31" AT's fare on the trail?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey brother,

I'd hit ya up on the invite, but headed to Jawbone (Mojave) that weekend. I usually vacation in Borrego every year during Pres. holiday, but wanted to change the pace this year. Next time you hit the trails in Anza, let me know.....Good luck/be safe!

:cheers:

karstic said:
I'm camping down in Anza Borrego with some family and friends over the Presidents Day weekend. I want to run Pinyon Mountain either Saturday or Sunday.

Anyone care to join me?

Is the Toyota yours? If it isn't I'd say give it a go. If it is yours, I don't think you would like the damage that the rock garden before Heat Attack Hill would cause. But..I have not been out there yet this season. I have been told people are having trouble with the rock garden area.
BTW I won't be in town that weekend, other wise I would be there!
Rick

No the Toyota is my BIL's. It's an '89.

karstic said:

Anyone care to join me?

All week ? or is the 28th. supposed to be the 18th. ?

Curt

Xtreme XJ said:
All week ? or is the 28th. supposed to be the 18th. ?

Curt

28 is supposed to be the 18th. Brainfart I guess. Wanna come out to play?

karstic said:
28 is supposed to be the 18th. Brainfart I guess. Wanna come out to play?
Yes..... Yes I do.... but my son has a B-Ball game at like 11:00 SO ! I'll be passing on Sat. trips till TDS.....
Enjoy....
Curt

Xtreme XJ said:
Yes..... Yes I do.... but my son has a B-Ball game at like 11:00 SO ! I'll be passing on Sat. trips till TDS.....
Enjoy....
Curt
Well then come out on Sunday!

btw, the toyota will fit through the squeeze just fine

karstic said:
Pinyon mountain if you want.
I wasn't sure if you were wanting to be heading home around midday or what, if your going to make a 3/4 day or so out of it I might try to make it.
I'll let you know in a few days... run what you want.... don't hold off on running anything you want... if y'all are running on Sun. then I might tag along.

Curt

Xtreme XJ said:
I wasn't sure if you were wanting to be heading home around midday or what, if your going to make a 3/4 day or so out of it I might try to make it.
I'll let you know in a few days... run what you want.... don't hold off on running anything you want... if y'all are running on Sun. then I might tag along.

Curt

As of right now I'm coming home on Monday.

Back