• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anza Borrego

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking into going to anza borrego. My question is what are some good trails in the area? How is coyote creek or piniyon canyon? what are some other good trails to run? We have to XJs one fully locked. both have 3.5" lift etc. Also wehere is a good spot to camp out.

The Socal Liberty Club is putting on a run in Anzo Borego next month. You can see the trails they have pre-run and picked out at

http://p087.ezboard.com/fkjjeepfrm27.showMessage?topicID=197.topic

You may have to cut and paste this to your browser. They have picked out a number of runs for the different levels of vehicles. Your more than welcome to join in on the fun. Just let em know your intentions. Many of the runs put on by NAXJA So-Cal chapter has had a few of these liberty's on their runs. They are a great group of people and offer plenty for this ever growing sport!

Brian
L.O.S.T. member #00711
1987 XJ 7" lift w/ 33's
2002 KJ Limited stock for now!

I am looking into going to anza borrego. My question is what are some good trails in the area? How is coyote creek or piniyon canyon? what are some other good trails to run? We have to XJs one fully locked. both have 3.5" lift etc. Also wehere is a good spot to camp out.

The nice thing about the Borrego area is it's kind of a triangle formed by Borrego Springs, Ocotillo Wells & Salton City/Truckhaven. The Borrego area is more on the "exploring" end where Ocotillo & Truckhaven is more of the 4 wheel'n ends they're all realitively close.
Unfortuniately Coyote Cyn. is closed to through traffic....while you can go up aways you can't go all the way. (too bad... it was a nice drive).
You might get with "Jump This" hes in Borrego Spr. I bet the area is one huge mud pit with all the rain... As to the camping areas both Truckhaven and Ocotillo are pretty much open to anywhere I believe and the Borrego area might have alittle more of the established camping areas.
Lots to check out....from mild to wild......
See Ya !
Curt :us: (aka Xtreme XJ)

Who the hell wheels in Borrego Springs?
STAY OUT!!
I want all the mud for myself! (well....myself, Tom and Mark)
Anyway....since all of you off-road types think its your desert too...
I like to camp at Holmes camp in Ocotillo Wells...
It is as close to the middle of it all as you can get...
The mud is great!!
No dust!!
Truckhaven has got to be the best condition it has ever been..
no high speed stuff though...too many hidden washes....
Pinion Mt is probably sloppy as can be....great!
Wow...just thinking about wheelin out here is getting Mr. Chubby going..
Enough...!!!
I gotta do some flood clean up and then I can head out for some night mudding!
Rick R
PS its not all mud...lots of wet sand too! :yelclap:

Jump This said:
Who the hell wheels in Borrego Springs?
STAY OUT!!
I want all the mud for myself! (well....myself, Tom and Mark)
Anyway....since all of you off-road types think its your desert too...

Now Now don't HAWG it all ! :pig: I was born & bread too... I was out across the Sea from you last Sat. up Salt Creek & behind the bombing range and MAN ! it got HAMMERED ! it rearranged things quite abit.
Curt :us: (aka Xtreme XJ)

Back