• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C8.25 drum to disc questions

FuzzyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at pulling a C8.25 axle from a junkyard to do the conversion. I'm having trouble finding out exactly what brake lines to get and where do I get them? Also I want to hook up the parking brake and when I look up the cables it shows about 4 different lengths. I have a 98 XJ. Can anyone help me?

I need the rear brake lines for the Jeep Liberty disc brake conversion to my XJ. I also need the rear parking brake cables

I just did the swap the other day. I used new rotors and calipers from rock auto for the liberty. I grabbed the backing plates and studs for the backing plates from the liberty in the junkyard. New brake lines from liberty from rock auto bolted right on to the existing hard lines on the 8.25. I also bought new parking brakes and hardware for the liberty.

When I went to pull parts from the liberty I did not need to buy the entire axle and the used parts were only slightly more expensive than the junkyard parts so I bought new parts. The only thing that is expensive new is the backing plate/bracket.

And swap in a zj spring to the proportioning valve.

All in all with almost all new parts I was just under 200 dollars I think.

So what brakes lines did you buy? Liberty Brake lines? What parking brake cables? I thought if I bought the complete axle it'd give me some extra parts in case I need them

Liberty 2006 soft brake lines dorman H620930 and dorman H621319. I have a remix and I used an adapter with my original parking brake lines.

The liberty 8.25 is essentially identical except it has brackets for coil springs. So you are using everything from a liberty outside of the brake backing mounts on the axle housing. All parts will be for the liberty whether you buy new or reuse old. I’m not sure about the parking brake cable on your year but I remember reading a lot about them in other posts.

No adapters are needed with the M.O.R.E. cables and they are correctly sized in length.
P1080481_zpsmeoobn1a.jpg

P1080475_zps7nkh9vbp.jpg

Back