• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Rear Leaf Packs

shawn57nomad

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ Classic 4.0 AW4 NP231 C8.25 3.55 diffs 206XXX Miles- Was looking at Crown HD packs with full length AAL, maybe OME D22XL, for replacing sagging leaves due to carrying tools frequently for work and mild pop-up camper towing this summer. I'm a Millwright by trade so I am competent in modifications and repairs. Looking for some insight and suggestions. I've scoured the board and Web looking for a similar situation and haven't come up with anything as of yet. I am also leaning towards the 930 coils for a mild lift with tire change of course. I've owned a trick TJ in the past with Nth Degree and Poison Spyder goodies that'd been to the Rockies and the deep South for some crawling but family and 2 huskies required a more DD friendly vehicle. Was a rust free example when purchased in CO last year and is starting to rust at the doors but nothing serious yet. Had a bit of hail 3 weeks after purchase and it totalled it out since it was pristine when I bought it and it helped the insurance adjuster was a Jeep fanatic from the Northeast. 😀
b030669dd99c267619b55e8b4c06cd87.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Lots of Cherokee owners have installed an Add-a-Leaf or built a custom leaf spring pack with used leaf springs, S-10 Blazer and pick-ups are the most common donors. If you go with an AAL, be sure to use a full length leaf and not the little short ones. My 1999 has a full length RE AAL and one extra XJ leaf in the stock leaf pack. It has 3.25 inches of lift and easily handles 3-500 lbs of parts and tools for cargo. If you are considering replacing the leaf springs, I would recommend a brand new good quality lift kit leaf spring pack to achieve the desired lift. Most better quality lift kit springs are designed to handle a full load of off-road gear, camping equipment, tools and spare parts without excessive squatting of the suspension.

Last edited:
not a fan of AAL for already sagging springs. full packs are cheap enough and you will get a little lift while you're at it. OME's offer great ride, I'm also happy with mine from Rubicon Exp.

Back