• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hazard lights

Bronco

NAXJA Forum User
My turn signals have been working erratically (some days they work other days no) for a month or so. Today at lunch I was fooling with them (they worked today) and I turned on the hazard lights and when I turned them off the left side stayed on, even if I turned off the ignition. I had to pull the blinker can thing from the fuse box to stop it. I’m afraid the problem is with the switch in the column because the hazard light switch feels funny and I’m thinking if the problem was with a turn signal it would go off with the ignition (only the hazard lights stay on). I don’t really know what to do next. Is there anything to do before pulling the whole column apart?
Can anyone help me? :hang:

The hazard knob, has screw in the middle and is notched so it doesn´t twist on the stem. Slip it in the notch and tighten it down and see what happens. May help.
Grounds in the lighting system will really mess with you. Good place to start is the ground behind the windshield washer resivoir, on the early XJ´s. A bad ground at a bulb (or burnt out bulb) will mess with the turn blinker.

Back