• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

VOTE NOW for July 2009 ROTM!

VOTE NOW for July 2009 ROTM!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
TIME TO VOTE

I added a poll to the submission thread and opened it back up. Voting will last for 7 days.

VOTE NOW for the July Rig of the Month

Thanks to everyone for there their submissions. Next month we will have a bit more notice of when the submission thread will open.

Official submission thread for July Rig of the Month.

Same rules apply as last month.

This thread will remain locked until Monday July 6th. It will be unlocked on the 6th sometime around 8:00 PM eastern time for submissions.

This delay in opening the thread is intended to allow some lead time for those who want to submit their rigs.

Remember, the winner each month will be featured on the NAXJA front page and be eligible for the Rig of the Year vote in December.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Official submission thread for July Rig of the Month

Now Open.

The following rules will apply, although a few tweaks here and there will probably be needed at some point:

First 5 rigs entered into a specific submission thread started in the pic showcase. Each entry needs to include 2 pics and a list of mods to be considered. Thread would be edited and locked and left with only the first 5 entries.

A proper submission should include 2 pics, usually one driveway or poser shot and an action shot, along with some details about your rig.

Red letter names only for rigs submitted, everyone is allowed to vote.

Winners each month will get some face time on the front page, but the amount of time is not guaranteed. The front page should be made available for other announcements as well.

At the end of the year we will hold a rig of the year contest. Only former rig of the month winners from the past calender year are eligible for rig of the year.

Last edited:

SUBMISSION #1

1996 XJ sport. 4.0 Aw4 231 SYE, D30/C8.25, 4.5 inch RC lift kit, 1.25 RE shackles, 33" Goodyear Wrangler MTR's, Doorless mod Cobra CB w/ cheap antenna.

P1050095.JPG

P1050124.JPG

SUBMISSION #2

<DL class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_1>
DSC_0272.jpg
<DT class=shade>Playing around in the notches at Truckhaven</DT></DL>

DSCF1250.jpg

A little more at Calico

<DL class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_2><DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_10>Year: 1992<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "10"); //--> </SCRIPT><DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_11>Model:Sport<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "9"); //--> </SCRIPT><DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_20>Transmission: AW4 with custom shift kit and TCS converter<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "20"); //--> </SCRIPT> <DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_6>Suspension: 7.5" BDS Long Arm with Fox 2.0 Reservoirs, 12" in front and 14" in the rear through the floor and tied to cage.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "6"); //--> </SCRIPT><DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_12>Wheels & Tires: 17X8 BTR Racing Beadlocks and 35X12.50x17 BFG KM2s<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "12"); //--> </SCRIPT> <DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_13>Bumpers: ProtoFab<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "13"); //--> </SCRIPT> <DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_14>Armor: BDS Transfer Case Skid, ProtoFab Rock Sliders, T&J Full Roll Cage, MORE Block brackets, Motor mounts, and steering box brace.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "14"); //--> </SCRIPT><DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_15>Drivetrain: 4.0 with Clifford header, 3" Flowmaster Exhaust, AW4, 231 Transfer with Tom Woods Super Duty SYE and front and rear driveshafts, JK Rubicon Dana 44s TNT trussed and U-bolt eliminators, with 5.13 gears<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "15"); //--> </SCRIPT> and Electric Lockers front and rear.<DT class=shade>Cooling System: Hesco Water pump, High flow 195 Thermostat and housing, Oscars All Aluminum Radiator and 10 blade electric fan upgrade. I can run all day with my AC on in 100 plus degrees and keep it at 190.<DT class=shade>Lights: Hella 700FF, and Walmart Fogs for rock lights on all four corners.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "18"); //--> </SCRIPT><DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_21>Sound System: Alpine Head unit with Ipod connect, Aline Type S 5-1/4", and a 6.5" Bazooka Tube.<DT class=shade>Custom body work done by Johnson Valley by a guy named Hammer</DT></DL>

SUBMISSION #3

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, A/T, 4.0, 4wd.

Suspension:

• JKS Acos Pro's with 2" Air Bumps
  • Full Traction front coil springs
  • 4.5" Alcan built Deaver stretched rear leafs
  • 1.5" JKS Boomerang Shackles
  • 12" Stroke Fox 2.0 8 way adjustable reservoir shocks (front)
  • 10" Stroke Fox 2.0 8 way adjustable reservoir shocks (rear)
  • RE HD Trac Bar and Drop bracket
  • Full Traction LCA's
  • RCX Drop Brackets
  • Custom Fabbed Energy Suspension poly rear bumps
Chassis/Drivetrain:

• TNT 3/16" frame stiffeners
  • TMR 1/8" front frame plates
  • T&J/Currie tubular subframe connectors/stiffeners
  • Front & Rear tube prerunner bumpers
  • Rock Rails (rocker replacement version)
  • Np231 Advanced Adapters SYE installed by XJJeeper19
  • Dumped Exhaust
  • HP D30 open 3.55
  • C8.25 open 3.55
  • Centerline Telstar 15x7 aluminum wheels
  • BFG Baja T/A 33x10.50x15
Other:
  • AutoPal E-Code h4 Headlight housings
  • Hi/Lo HID conversion
  • BajaDesigns Soltek LaPaz 8" offroad lights w/ Bajahid.com HID conversion
  • Glassworks 4.5" flare fiberglass fenders

DSC02726.jpg

DSC02933.jpg

SUBMISSION #4

1997 Jeep Cherokee 2dr 208,000 miles
4.0L, AW4, NP242 H&T
Front HP D30
Rear ChryCo. 8.25 29 spline w/ powertrax no-slip

-30" Goodyear MT/R's
-Lift is Upcountry coils front w/spacers, rear is upcountry leaves with Tomken shackles. I call it the "Allroad" package (as seen in second pic) :D
-Armor is a currently a DPG Skid/Bellypan
-Solid Axle Ind. Diff cover
-Cargo area is diamond plated for durability and water resistance
-Custom built in tool box in rear pass. cubby.
-Body mods include scratches from trees

It has done everything I have asked it to, I drive it everyday, still gets 20+ MPG Hwy.
And takes me into the most remote locations for camping without fail, and it gets me back.
Camping and expedition is what is was built for.

DSC01061.jpg

P7060379.jpg

SUBMISSION #5

1992 XJ Limited 4.0, AW4, 242

Brand new BFG 35" KM2s

Front full width HP D44
- High steer, ARB, Warn alloys and premium hubs, CTMs, 5.13s

Rear Currie 9" , Detroit, 5.13s

RE 5.5" coils with ACOS; RE track bar, bracket and brace; RE adjustable control arms on drop brackets.

RE and BigOffroad bastard leaf springs with re-inforced and adjustable front mounts

C-rok front bumper with Warm M8000

Custom rear bumper/air tank

Borla header, Flowmaster 50, Rock-it intake, Optima Yellow

Driveway shot
DSCF3382.jpg

Better than any of my more current action shots...
site1013.jpg

I'll be happy to get two votes, lol.

I'll be happy to get two votes, lol.

don't feel bad i only got 5 last month.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Wow we are taking a beating.
Nah we just don't want you Calitards to win! :laugh3:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back